how long? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Re: how long?

I don't see the surgeon until the end of April and can only hope my surgery can be scheduled as quickly as 2 weeks. My doctor said it shouldn't be too long after seeing the surgeon, but sometimes "not too long" in the medical world seems like ages to me. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 06:25 PM

thank you ladies for making me feel better, i was kind worried she was rushing because the tumor might be more than fibroids
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:23 AM

I only had 2 weeks to prepare and to be honest I think it's better less time to think. They could of done it last week but I panicked a bit but sorry now as it would be over and done with now. (never mind I have it on Thursday can't wait till Friday when it will be all over haha) I have read so much on here some of it has been really comforting and some terrifying but I guess everyone is different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 05:02 AM

I saw the surgeon on Tuesday to schedule, and I could have had the surgery TODAY. I chose to wait another week or 2 due to family schedule reasons. It all depends on the surgeon and the hospital!
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM

I saw my doc to discuss surgery at the end on January and I am scheduled for the second week in May.

I'm not dealing with a cancerous or otherwise life-threatening-to-wait-a-little longer situation, it's a quality of life decision and due to my age (30 and no kids) my doc and I agreed there is no need to rush it. Plus, I am a teacher so I wanted to get through as much of the school year as I could handle while not ruining my life trying to be a hero in the process.

My situation escalated pretty quickly and I feel like it just got dumped on my, so I have been going to counseling to wrap my head around things and give myself time to make sure I'm sure. Trust me, since the last time I saw my doc I am sure and then some! Hubs and I have considered moving up the date but we think I can make it 4 more weeks. That way, I also have a nice cushion of recovery time before school starts back in August.
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM

My appt was on 3/22 and I tried to get them to do it in June, and they said they wanted to get it done sooner rather than later. Then they said "We schedule 4 weeks out". Okayyy...I scheduled it May 2 because my husband thought he'd be out the last week of Apr.
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Mine was scheduled in 6 days. It was not suspected that I had cancer.
Although it was very rushed, I was glad I didn't have weeks/months to sit around and worry about everything. Believe me, the few days I did worry was enough!
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM

When we discused it on April 2, I could have done it tomorrow (8 days) but have a Dance competition, then a Tumbling State competition the following week for my kids, so I waited 3 weeks. Now I have 2 weeks and I cant wait. Its more of a quality of life issue for me as well as a nasty ovary that keeps producing nasty cysts.
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:20 AM

It took a long while to see the Surgeon... Like months but as soon as I saw her it took less than a week to have the surgery...
In fact I think it was only 5 days...
I nearly had time to think...
I did not think much of it because she had a cancelation maybe it is the same for you...
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:41 AM

I had a one week notice. Then they ended up canceling the day of and was rescheduled for 4 days later. I'm not a patient person, so I was grateful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register