Help....omg the bowel prep - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help....omg the bowel prep Help....omg the bowel prep

Unread 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Re: Help....omg the bowel prep

i am clear but its bright yellow, can i stop drinking? ive drank a lot but still have quite a bit of my jug left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
I had the same problem with mine. It wasn't Miralax, but Mediprep. Is it the taste or the consistency that's bothering you? Something that I read here - try using a straw. I would just pour a cup of it, take a deep breath, let it all out and then gulp as fast as I could. I would set myself a goal - like 5 gulps. Then I would "chase" it with a drink of fruit juice just to cover the taste. Maybe even a piece of hard candy would help? You can do it! We're here for you!

Oh, quick question - is what you've finished making any results? I've heard that once what you are passing is clear then there is nothing else left inside you, you're just passing the meds at that point. I think you're safe once you're passing clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
i am clear but its bright yellow, can i stop drinking? ive drank a lot but still have quite a bit of my jug left.
No, you cannot stop drinking it unless your doctor's orders stated you only had to drink until stool was clear or yellow. With surgery, there is a risk of your bowel being nicked so it has to be beyond squeaky clean and you have to follow your doctor's orders for you for your surgery regardless of prior bowel prep instructions for a surgery or colonoscopy or what is okay for others.

If you want to adjust your instructions you have to call your doctor to find out what is okay and safe for you.

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM

I'm still trying to finish, but this has made me stressed and very tired. I had some broth and I'm so full, my gosh I just don't know, I feel like crying right now! This has taken so much time and energy, I still have to pack my bag. All I can say at this point is OMG!!!! Sorry everyone for being a baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Hi Imoni,
I know everyone is different but my doctor instructed me to drink a 10oz bottle of magnesium citrate and 8oz glass of water right after. I will be on a liquid diet all day. I believe the important thing is to stay hydrated. My doc to drink water every couple of hours. My bowel prep is tomorrow.
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM

I had a gallon of "something" that I had to drink. I only made it through about 3/4 of it until I decided I was done. I couldn't drink even another sip. Mine wasn't entirely clear but it was fine during surgery. No one even asked me if I had done it. I did the best I could and it was fine.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:34 PM

Thanks everyone!! I didn't finish but oh well, I'll see what the say tomorrow.
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM

The yellow might be the dye from the gatorade....
I was told I could mix my magnesium citrate with juice to make it easier to drink - didn't really pay attention and used a juice that had dye in it - so the next day I was still passing orange/yellow but it was just the juice. They said it was fine, but I made sure to let them know. It also didn't kick in for me right away - so I was up all night before "going".
Oh the joys of bowel prep! :-)
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM

Well, I'm home and recovering well, I told the dr. That I didn't finish she just said ok and surgery was still on. And everything went well they even finished in a little over an hour.
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Im glad to see that your recovery is going well.

The last time i had to drink that stuff, mine came with some "flavorings" that had no flavor. I did drink it with a straw but what really helped was i mixed it with apple juice. it did not completely cover the nasty taste but made it taste 100% better. The apple juice also helped make the "process" go faster.
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:39 AM

I know its tough, but you can do it! I was able to use sprite when I had my colonoscopy instead of gatorade. Maybe that will help, but the previous advise on using a straw is the best advise ever and put it in the freezer or make it REALLY COLD that helps too!! Good luck this is the worst part but you can do it!! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register