3 Months post today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Months post today! 3 Months post today!

Unread 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM
3 Months post today!

I am 3 months post today! I feel absolutely amazing! So happy I went through all of this but there is one thing I wish would change. I gained about 10lbs! I did quit smoking the day of surgery! My stomach is still swollen and very tender. I work out 4 times a week, changed my diet, walk during the day because I sit at a computer for work. Where is everyone else that is 3 months plus? Experience the same with the tender tummy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Re: 3 Months post today!

Congratulations on hitting your 3-month milestone. I am at my 11-week mark...and I am feeling infinitely better than I did at 6-7 weeks. I am totally looking forward to being at 3-months. I just started working out again, for about a week. I've been cleared for everything; but I'm still experiencing some anxiety about having sex.

That's wonderful that you quit smoking. No doubt, as you continue your exercising and diet changes the 10-pounds will become history.

Any advice on how to overcome my fear about having sex again would be appreciated. At my 10-week visit with the gynecologist, he said that everything healed "beautifully".

Oh...by the way, if I sit at my computer for too long, I experience some tenderness and swelling. Otherwise, most of the soreness is gone.

Happy Healing!
Unread 04-11-2012, 02:17 AM

Im also at 3mths post op.I dont seem to have any major hiccups except that I feel hungry too often. I wonder if its the estradiol 1mg Im taking.Ive had to double up effort on watching what I eat and going to the gym.For those still on early recovery post op,be encouraged you will be ok.try and cultivate a positive attitude by telling yourself 'you are a winner' and try and get information you need from forums on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM

3 months postop too. Lost 5 lbs and it feels like its because theres no bloat and issues. I have not gone back to exercising yet. Im on Premarin .3 Mg which is the lowest dose. It works great so far. I am careful with diet, still need Dulcalax softeners..ugh. Scared to have sex... Will take her for a test drive soon!
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:40 PM

3 months and 2 days for me! I've been doing light weight training since 3 weeks post op, and increased my weights a little every couple of weeks. I started back to water aerobics after my 6-wk check up...found that I could feel my "innards" when I bounced...decided not to start Zumba again until after 10 weeks. I too gained 10 lbs...in my legs and butt! haha
I'm starting back to my regular indoor cycling class next week...already told the instructor I may not make it through the entire hour and a half for a few weeks.
Haven't had sex yet-I'm not sure who's more scared - me or my hubby!
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:53 PM

I was 12 weeks this week and for the most part I am feeling alright, but definitely still tender in the belly, some mysterious aches and pains at times in my belly/groin area, and fatigue ... oh that wonderful fatigue!

I am impressed with the exercising some of you are doing! I am not there yet ... too tired and sore to consider bouncing of any kind - and riding a bike?! Yikes! No way ... not yet ... !!! Walking ... 30-45 minutes every night. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower ... depends on how tired I am. But I am also working almost full time again and able to take care of house / family. So slowly but surely I am getting back to regular life ...

As for sex - on our first time it was not a marathon session at all! It was more of a 'lets see if it still fits' session! VERY slow, very controlled ... and everything turned out well. Thinking of trying it again this weekend! Take care ...
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:55 PM

I am 3 mos post op today! YaaaY!! Feeling wonderful, lost about 25 pounds through watching what I eat and walking. I am trying to maintain that is the difficult part.

Sex is still wonderful , Ladies take your time and tell the hubbies to be patient in the beginning, and all will go well. I was fearful as well in the beginning anticipating it would be painful because of the stories I was reading, but that was not the case at all. We did not have any problems, no bleeding, pain. Everything is good and back to normal like it should.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:53 PM

Hey there Sisters!

Looks like the 3-month landmark is a positive experience; which is exciting for me...as I am almost there. I think in my mind, I'd decided to wait to have sex for 12-weeks, because the surgeon said I had to wait a minimum of 10 weeks.

Sisters, thanks for the encouraging words about having sex. My hubby is a tax preparer and the tax season ends on the 17th...which is also my three month mark. So, I am thinking that soon after with both of us ready and relaxed it's the right time to give it a try. I feel like once we've successfully crossed that threshold my healing process will enter into the next phase. My home is almost back to normal...I am exercising again...and I can fit in some of my pants (still dealing with the swollen belly business whenever I do too much).

All and all, I am SO relieved to be at this point...and sharing this experience with all you lovely ladies makes it so much easier.

Happy Healing Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register