Not Scheduled Im scared with lots of questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im scared with lots of questions Im scared with lots of questions

Unread 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Re: Im scared with lots of questions

I'm sorry you're facing this surgery at such a young age. You are definitely not alone. No matter what your fears are someone here has had them. And whatever questions you have, someone here has wondered them.

Here is the link to the pre op articles: Pre Op Articles

I was also worried about whether my DH would still be attracted to me after my surgery. Truth is, I still worry about it sometimes but this is all in my own head. The surgery really doesn't make any difference to him, and most men seem to feel this way. They can't see our uterus so for them it's all hypothetical. They don't know it's there so they don't miss it when it's gone. It's easier for them to get past than it is for some of us ladies.

One step at a time. Prepare yourself by getting informed so you know what to expect. Line up help for your children for at least the first week or two. Freeze meals and scrub the house. You will have restrictions post op. This means no lifting the kids, no bending, no housework, no sex or baths for 6-8 weeks or until doctor clears you.

Make a list of all your questions to ask your doctor and take someone with you to help you remember the answers. Come here often with all your questions or if you just need someone to listen. We are here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 12:39 AM

My biggest concern was about my irregular heartbeat. But I learned that anesthesiologists deal with that all the time - many, many people with heart irregularities of all sorts have surgery and are just fine. It's part of the surgical team's training and they know how to handle it.

I am so sorry that you're facing this so young. I found a lot of great answers and support on this site, and I hope you will, too.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Im scared with lots of questions

I am not sure if this may help but I have the U.K.equivalent which is CFS/M.E. - in the past I had large surgery and for a couple of days after I was very very low from surgery and ME. BUT it didn't last so think positive about that side of it. Try not to think TOO much on that side just concentrate on the surgery itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Thanks ladies! Your all so wonderful and helpful. I saw my Dr today and since I have to put it off till September he called in stronger pain meds for me. He said given my age he wants to take all but the ovaries. But depending on how bad my Endometriosis is he might have to take my ovaries too. He said once the stronger meds along with my ultrams and flexirol don't touch it hes scheduling the surgery. I was told my tubes have some blockage but not enough to raise to high of a concern so I cŕn hold off having the surgery for about 6 more months at the most.
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:36 AM

I'm glad to hear that for you...as long as you're comfortable with it...but I think that at your age, the more time you have to work out the pros and cons is a great thing!!! Stay in tune with your body and pain, and please keep us posted!!! Best of luck to you, mrswunder!!!! HUGS!!! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register