When Can You Load the Dishwasher? 2 weeks? 3? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When Can You Load the Dishwasher? 2 weeks? 3? When Can You Load the Dishwasher? 2 weeks? 3?

Unread 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
When Can You Load the Dishwasher? 2 weeks? 3?

I have my son unload and tried to load it but I think I pulled something. I started hurting. Seems to bending makes me sorer than anything else.

Anyone 2 weeks out loading the dishwasher?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Re: When Can You Load the Dishwasher? 2 weeks? 3?

I started loading some of mine and unloading some at about 2 weeks post-op. My doctor at my 2 week appointment told me I could start doing a few things just take it easy and listen to my body and no lifting over 10lbs I only loaded the lite items same with lite unloading. but my kids did helped alot
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:20 AM

I am 12 days post op and I've been loading the light stuff. I haven't unloaded yet. My kids and hubs have been quite helpful with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:51 AM

I am also 12 days out and I've attempted to do simple things like kneel down to pick up my kids toys or pick up a pair of shoes and it does hurt! I have noticed, though, that we drove from Tampa to South Carolina (about a 5 hour drive) to our second home on Monday and I've been sore ever since. My doctor never told me not to SIT for too long, but I have read that on this site when you have a TVH....SO TRUE. I have actually been bleeding a little and had to get refills on my pain medication. I think moving around is helping, but just not lifting too much, but please know from my experience, don't SIT for too long! I hope we all feel better soon..... You are not alone, girlfriend! I'd still let others help you out, if you have the help! Good luck!
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM

If you do load it, squat and don't bend.

Since you said you have pain. Don't do it anymore, at least for another week or two. That's your body telling you that its not ready.

Just give it a while and try it again. Anytime you have pain, stop and wait a little long to try it again.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM

I am 3 weeks post op and the hardest thing has been waiting to heal to be more active. I too loaded the dishwasher at week 2 and felt some discomfort and bleeding. I had no bleeding before this so I was scared I did something to my body. At my 2 week post op with the doctor, she said everything looked fine and the bleeding was normal. She did remind me, however to take it easy and do very light work, lifting nothing over 10lbs. Good luck withyour recovery!
Unread 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM

I started loading or unloading the dishwasher during the second week. But I was pretty lazy about it. I might do a few dishes, then sit down a while, then later a few more. I was pretty tired then, so didn't like standing for long. Often when I unload, I stack clean pans or heavy dishes such as casserole dishes on the kitchen table for my hubby to put away later. Even now at 4 weeks post op, it depends on how I feel. As long as I am comfortable, I will do something, but if it tires me or feels like a strain, I back off.
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Clean dishes aren't worth hurting yourself over. Getting adhesions is not smart. Delayed healing by not resting now will frustrate you later on. Plus, it seems that old vaginal cuff is strained and pulled by the most inocuous motions. And starting over with more healing time on it can be very depressing (if you have a waiting partner.) Squatting stretched my vag stitches.

Up at the top read Hysterectomy Checkpoints. Weeks 1 & 2 you're allowed to Turn On the dishwasher--after someone else has loaded it. So put your pj's back on pamper the princess a while longer. You'll be glad you did in about 4 weeks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register