surgery in 1 week and im scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery in 1 week and im scared surgery in 1 week and im scared

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM
surgery in 1 week and im scared

I am having my surgery next Thursday, I am getting scarred. They are using the da Vinci robot and i don't know anyone who has had it done this way, What can i expect, i know that this way is different than the traditional way.

Am i crazy for not wanting this to be outpatient? My husband thinks i am, i told him that i would like atleast one night where i dont have to worry about kid or animals.

Doing it this way is it still the typical 6 week recovery? my husband thinks i should be able to do things around the house in a week or so and that i wont need any help.

For anyone who has done it this way, what is it like to ride in a car after surgery.

Sorry for my rambling but thank you for letting me vent, i have no one to talk to that doesnt think im crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Re: surgery in 1 week and im scared

hi, i was supposed to have my hysterectomy tomorrow but because im sick the dr postponed i till the 26th so i can feel better and gain strength for recovery,ughhh...just when i was prepared for tomorrow now i have to wait another 2 weeks. anxiety is gonna start again,i just wish i could have gone tomorrow to get it over with my dr does 5 hysterectomies a day and i asked if i could go next week but shes booked up.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Hi, I am scheduled for a DTH as well (May 9th), so I cant speak specifically about post-op, but I wanted to reply. You ARE NOT crazy for wanting @ least 1 night in the hospital, esp because it is a gaurantee that there are no kids you will have to care for. If you are really concerned about it you can talk with your surgeon. Also, keep in mind things can change (inpatient vs outpatient) depending on how much work your surgeon needs to do inside & how you are doing afterwards.
As for your DH thinking you should be back to "yourself & doing everything" 1 week post op- do you think he would be willing to read some posts on here? Or, do you have another appt with the surgeon coming up where he could go with you? As all sisters will tell all of us "in-waiting"- you only have one chance to heal so be sure to do it right by taking it slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:20 AM

I have been waiting for my surgery for 2 months, this waiting game sucks, I go in for my pre-op visit next Tuesday and i do plan on talking with her about my outpatient concerns, I do wish that my DH could go with me but he is taking thursday and friday off to stay home with me.

Angel. I just got over a severe case of bronchitis and i called the Dr and ask them about what would happen if i was still sick and she said that they would do it anyway.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Hi, I had a davinci assisted hysterecomy, bladder sling, rectocle, and vagina vault prolaspe on 3/26/2012. You will be sore I took pain meds for the first 2 days then just 600mg motrin. You will have two incisions on the right side that hurt more then the others because they are deeper and bigger. I was up walking the next day very slowly remember what it feels like after having a baby if you had one the heavy sore feeling thats there. Dont worry (easy to say I am on the other side) you will be fine. Trust in your Dr. You also will have some funny feeling when peeing because of the catheder. Just take everyday slow, enjoy you couch, bed and rest time DO NOT WORRY about the dust, the vaccumming if people are coming over they are coming to see you not your house. Please take it slow, I didnt drive for 2 wks my choice my dr said I could drive when I felt like it, I just didnt want to mess things up.

Hugs and let me know how you do
Twotwokat
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Ask your husband if they sniped anything on him would he be able to return to daily routines within a week? I am sorry but men think women are robots that we don't feel pain or need to rest because they NEED us.

I know I wasn't any help but I had to vent with you :-)
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM

i have a fever as well,my surgery is abdominal supracervical maybe keep one ovary. i have ms and asthma as well so my dr dont want to take any chances
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM

thank you guys, being able to talk with someone who knows whats going on is making me feel a little better
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM

you will be ok sometimes men dont have ANY clue and think you can just bounce back and go on with your day like nothing happen
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:31 AM

i know this is probably a stupid question but was there any restrictions on what you could and couldnt eat after surgery?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register