High Blood pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High Blood pressure High Blood pressure

Unread 04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
High Blood pressure

Didn't think I was particularly nervous about tomorrow's surgery.
But Monday when I went for the Pre-Op appointment my blood pressure was 146/60 something. My BP is not normally anywhere near that high. I also find myself eating chocolate and sweets--something I do when I'm stressed. So I guess I am more nervous than I thought. I am praying that God will relieve the RLS symptoms (that I suffer with daily) while I recover. If any of you pray, I would ask that you join me in that prayer. Thanks for all your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Re: High Blood pressure

Im sorry you are nervous about surgery!! However thats completely normal and understandable!! My surgery isnt until may 22nd and i alreadystay a mess!!! I take meds for high bp, anxiety and im trying to lose weight!!! Its been hard not induging in sweets lol!! Ill keep you in my thoughts though! ((HUGS))
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Thanks TL183. Was beginning to think no one reads my posts! I normally don't have high bp, but do have depression and anxiety...and trying to lose weight. The last couple of days I've eaten way too many sweets--but hopefully after surgery I can get back on track. Just hoping I can get back to walking fairly soon. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too. I'll get to the other side of the castle first, so I'll be waiting on you when you get there!!

Blessings & Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Zendoodle -

I would imagine your bp problem is stress related. I remember my heart rate was higher than normal at my pre-op meeting and the nurse asked: are you nervous? and I said yes, a bit.

I wish someone would respond about your RLS. I know it can be frustrating when no one responds to a post.

Deep breath on your surgery. We are here to support you and get you through. Being nervous and scared is very normal.

Good luck with your surgery. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Sweet Marestail! Thank you for your encouraging words. I am just trying to give the RLS to God and let HIM deal with it!
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:40 PM

That should work....

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Hi There,
What is RLS?
I went to my pre-op and my blood pressure on Thursday was 152/100-yes I was anxious-but she said they won't do the surgery if it's that high so I went to my primary the next day and they started me on blood pressure med. I'm thinking that this pressure in my belly is causing increased BP-my BP was 130/80's in January. Anyone have similar problems? Thanks for the info on this thread it is very helpful.
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Oh I forgot the most important thing...I have faith in God...he has walked with me through this whole thing and His word says He will NEVER leave me..my peace comes from Him! I will join you in prayer Zendoodle!
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeatree View Post
Hi There,
What is RLS?
I went to my pre-op and my blood pressure on Thursday was 152/100-yes I was anxious-but she said they won't do the surgery if it's that high so I went to my primary the next day and they started me on blood pressure med. I'm thinking that this pressure in my belly is causing increased BP-my BP was 130/80's in January. Anyone have similar problems? Thanks for the info on this thread it is very helpful.
By the time I got checked in at the hospital in pre-op, my BP was back down....like 113 over 76. And stayed down. So I think I just get really nervous at Dr.s appointments!! RLS is Restless Legs Syndrome...and it is severe for me. Genetic. But with all the prayers, it has been amazingly quiet. Last night was the first night I had ANY problems...and I think I missed a dose of the medication for it. I have had a LOT of people praying for me and I KNOW it has made a huge difference. I will keep YOU in my prayers too! Blessings & Hugs!
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register