My surgery date is almost here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My surgery date is almost here My surgery date is almost here

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
My surgery date is almost here

Well, 2 more days to go for me (or since it is 12:15am where I live, I guess I should say 1 more day lol). I will be arriving at the hospital on this coming Friday (the 13th) at 5:30am to have my DaVinci hysterectomy at 7:30am. I'm starting to get very nervous but I am more than ready. They will be removing my cervix but leaving my ovaries.

If anybody can please offer some last minute advice I'd really appreciate it

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Re: My surgery date is almost here

I had my da Vinci a week ago. took cervix, left ovaries too. The first week was bad, but now I am actually feeling it ease up and see a light at the end of the tunnel. My advice is have everything at your house prepared and ready for your return. All the ideas you've seen on here and more.Once you get home you'll find you can't do much but rest, go to the bathroom, and eat a little if your lucky. having the house prepared and stocked up has made my recovery a dream, a painful one, but not a stressful one.Put everything you think you'll need at eye and / or waist level. I still can not reach the top shelf of the medicine cabinet nor the bottom level of the refrigerator. You can't bend, stoop, lift, reach high, twist, etc.I read that tip on hystersisters and it was the best hint. I actually wish I had moved more items before surgery, but didn't really realize how serious the bending and reaching issue was until after surgery.Da Vinci is not the walk in the park the doctor said it would be. I have been watching the progress reports from all the ladies that had surgery he same day as I did and I think week one we are all pretty much complaining about the same things. BUY HUGE WAIST PAJAMAS! The DaVinci puts several small cuts in you and all are in different places. Looks like I ost a knife fight. They don't hurt bad, but clothes irritate them and since they are in different spots I can't avoid having my elastic waistband landing on at least on of them. Didn't realize this before hand.One of the cuts is actually pretty high up, about halfway between bottom of breast and above belly button over to the side by my rib..
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Re: My surgery date is almost here

Deep breath sweetie. You will be just fine - the doctors and nurses will take very good care of you.

Your main goal after you get home is to rest, rest, and rest. You will be extremely fatigued - just taking a shower or going for a short walk will exhaust you. You only get one chance to heal right, so become the . Have your family and friends take care of cooking, cleaning, dishes, etc.

Wear really loose fitting and comfy clothes. Have a small pillow to hold against your tummy for coughs and sneezes. I also needed it for cat visits. (See, they think they have healing powers and want to sit on your lap so they can heal you)

We will be waiting for you on the other side....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register