I have a hysterechtomy scheduled very soon. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a hysterechtomy scheduled very soon. I have a hysterechtomy scheduled very soon.

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I have a hysterechtomy scheduled very soon.

I have some questions about my sugery scheduled for the beginnning of May 2012. I am stressed because lately I am having more severe menapuasal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, bleeding between periods. Does this mean I am almost finished with menapause, or just starting?

I was planning to just have my uterus removed because of the fidroids, not the ovaries, etc. What will keep me healthy after this is taken out?

Is there alternatives? How bad is my uterus? Will it get better after menapause?

I have no children and that is sad.

I need to ease my mind and to know if this is the right thing for me to do. I do not want to hurt my body now or later in life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Re: I have a hysterechtomy scheduled very soon.

I am SO scared. Why is this so hard? I am even getting a tummy tuck with the hysterechtomy...I should be excited. What if I need that uterus someday for something!? Mabe even if I did not use it for a baby, I need it for my own good health.
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Does the uterus do more than house a baby? I think the ovaries are the organs that would be in question a they produce may of the hormones a healthy body needs.
Hope you find a way to take your mind off things.

I am new here too....but before I posted I read most of the articles in other parts of the site.
If you haven't yet, I found the link at the top of the page that says Hysterectomy options to be very informative. There are several links you can follow within with info on lots of the questions you may have.

Feel free to call the dr's office too though. They should have given you enough info...or directions on where t get some to be able to make an informed decision. Plus Different Drs do things different ways....so ask what their standard is so you can find out if you need to ask them to alter from the cut and paste that works best for an average of patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbh View Post
...I am even getting a tummy tuck with the hysterechtomy...I should be excited. ...
did the DR offer this? or did you ask?

That seems like it could be a bonus!
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:55 PM

No, I asked. I started to just want the tummy tuck, but my uterus is too big. There are two doctors involved in the surgery. One is a plastic surgeon and the other is a GYN.
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:57 PM

It is an expensive bonus!
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:00 PM

I still am not sure I should have a hysterechtomy. What is the "threshold" of what we can stand-endure in hot flashes, night sweats and bleeding before it all stops naturally?
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:02 PM

Oh, and terrible headaches
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM

Are you having your ovaries removed? I am scheduled for that, but I do not know why...It is so confusing to be in menapause and considering this. I work full time and hardly have time to really think about my body.
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM

sorry I don't have those answers . Hopefully someone else does.

I am having my hyst because I am 5 month Postpartum and stilll bleeding profusely plus having pregnancy symptoms still (not pregnant obv) and all the menopausal symptoms I havehad for years. I'm only 29....but thankfully we already planned for our second to be our last child since I am disabled with many other health problems.

Of course, now that I know I am going in for surgery, my husband said "dang....wish I hadn't gone through the pain of the vasectomy if you have to go in for this"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register