Scheduled dVH/RALH butterflies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM
butterflies

I will have a robot assisted hysterectomy on a Saturday. For sure to be a VH, for sure the right ovary will be removed due to cyst and ecotopic pregnancy years ago. For sure doctor is good and promises the best.

But still, the butterflies are here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Re: butterflies

I thought the davinci only was through the abdomen?

Did I misunderstand that?

Or do you mean LAVH?
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM

My DvH was thru the 4 small cuts in my belly then all organs were removed thru my Vagina. (cervix included)
Butterflies are OK, they just mean that you are taking this serious. Just remember that getting too upset will not help you when the healing comes.
Try to stay calm....
I know hard to do, but it will help you heal...
BTW best thing I ever did was having my DvH... Feel so much better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Calling it a Robot Assisted Hysterectomy, for insurance but could go abdominal on the old ecotopic surgery scar and be laproscopic or not.
Depends on what he finds with two cysts on the right ovary but promises to remove the uterus and cervix thru the vagina.
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:05 PM

Hi Pinkbud,

Your butterflies are normal. All of us, who have had this surgery, have had our share of butterflies. Walking with God, reading the Bible and praying did much to comfort me and make me calmer; yet there were still "worries" and concerns. I used the words to the hymn, "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" as my motto; one that God gave to me in my sleep one night. "What have I to dread, what have I to fear? Leaning on the Everlasting Arms; I have peace complete with my Lord so near; Leaning On the Everlasting Arms. Leaning on Jesus, Leaning on Jesus, safe and secure from all alarms; Leaning on the Everlasting Ams." I just kept repeating these words over and over in my mind as I was being prepared for surgery that morning, Feb. 13, 2012. Trust God to be with you and your surgeon. My prayers will be with you. You will do fine. You have come to a site of "angels" who share your every concern and who CARE deeply for you! I had endo cancer, stage 1, and do not need further treatments, other than 3 mo. check-ups.
God Bless You, and I'm sending you gentle hugs,
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:05 PM

I am taking this seriously, finally joining hystersisters makes it a reality, and helps to focus on what is left to do.

Enough to have a good doctor.

Time to make lists and do the small things and keep healthy so I don't have to reschedule.
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM

Thank you sisters.

I can do this.
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:40 PM

I do expect it begins as the 4 small cuts with the laproscopic view, but I have requested to keep the left ovary if possible. So what the surgeon does first and when, well I agreed to alot of what ifs and the pre-op nurse says he does his best and that is good enough.

Surprising what pains I am willing to go to get better. But I did not realize I was just tired from spending 10 days of the month with a period at the age of 55. Not as bad as some ladies here, used to be heavy but lately, just was abnormally normal.

And then I had pelvic pain in December, so they did an ultrasound and found two cysts, and then they did a D&C and found simple endometrial hyperplasia. And here I am, maybe more benign than some, but something is not right and I am not willing to assume I can beat the %.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register