Just thinking about a clear liquid diet is making me starve!!! What did you eat? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just thinking about a clear liquid diet is making me starve!!! What did you eat? Just thinking about a clear liquid diet is making me starve!!! What did you eat?

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Re: Just thinking about a clear liquid diet is making me starve!!! What did you eat?

I too did jello-pineapple, that was good and tangerine popsicles along with chicken broth. Having to do this prep twice in 2 wks, I learned quick how raw the bottom gets. I bought non alcohol, unscented, baby wipes and they worked wonders, not a sore spot on my bottom the second time around.
Good luck to you and just set your mind to the fact that it has to be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Re: Just thinking about a clear liquid diet is making me starve!!! What did you eat?

Well I started the prep about 2 hours ago. A little late cause I felt like my place this am would be in church. Went and prayed, cried and left feeling much better. Peaceful in the house of the Lord. was greatful for the time this am. Now on to the nasty part of my beautiful Sunday. Its started on my already. UGH
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM

I've got the worst "acid stomach" ever this afternoon! Anyone know if I can take a Tums on a liquid diet? It's not like I can have bread, crackers or milk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:14 PM

I found it! whoot! Here are some suggestions from the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cle...d-diet/my00742

<admin note: copyrighted info removed per TOS and replaced with link; link is also in the "Liquid Diet - What Can I Eat?" article>
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicathelton View Post
OhmygoodnesswhatamIgonnaeat?!?!

That is about how I feel! So, I got my ( second round) of marching orders Wednesday. A TAH looks like a good possibility for me. She was pretty vague about the bowel prep. "Oh you MAy want to get a bottle of Magnesium Citrate. May? ummm, Ok, I will! No idea when to do it, but I digress..... about 3 or 4? half a bottle with 7 up, wait 30 minutes, other half?

So, also, I need to be on a clear liquid diet on Sunday before the surgery. ok, sure!

So, it looks like broth, jello, gatorade, 7up, water, water, water, and a side of popsicles for me, all day??

what do we do to break the boredom? and to stay full?

Thanks ladies!
I had a LAVH last Feb 8 and everything went very well! I didn't do any preparation or diet except not to eat 24 hr before surgery and taking a stool sofener everyday/ 1 a day; 3 days before surgery and I was super fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the clear diet...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register