daVinci next week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci next week daVinci next week

Unread 04-13-2012, 07:22 PM
daVinci next week

Hi All-
I'm having my surgery next week with the daVinci robot. I'm glad things have come a long way since my mother's "zipper" scar down her belly. I'm hoping the recovery goes well, I've had two laparoscopies already in the last four years and those seemd to go fine. I'm having my uterus and ovaries removed, hopefully can keep my cervix, I will know after my ultrasound on Monday how that looks.
I also am taking 6 weeks off work, since I work at a daycare I have a physically demanding job of lifting 20-30lbs all day long, and lots of up and down bending and squatting.
My sister will be coming to stay with me as long as I need her and I have my husband too.
Any advice for me as I prepare the next few days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Re: daVinci next week

Things can go a little crazy emotionally, if you are anything like me. This is normal. I had my major freak-out days, and days loaded with emotions, crying, etc. This is a tough emotional surgery.

On the practical side, you may consider getting meals in the freezer that can and be popped in the microwave during your recovery. You may want to super clean your house - you won't be doing that for a while. Purchase clothing that is loose and comfy. I lived in sweats and old shorts for 12 weeks.

Your lifting aspect of your job bothers me. I had 10 lbs lifting restrictions for six weeks, and 20 lbs for six more weeks. I had a TAH BSO, but you may want to ask your doctor on that. As your job is physically demanding, you may consider taking more time as well.

Good luck to you. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:55 PM

In the pre op forum there is a sub forum called hints from members.Head over there and start reading threads. You'll find all kinds of ideas to get prepared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 04:01 AM

The biggest thing people forget to do is take a Breath...
We run around and forget that we need a rest so that we can clear the mind and keep the body healthy...
Remember if the laundry is not done all the way or if that closet isn't cleaned out it is OK...
I hope the ultra sound goes as you want it...
Good Luck..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register