2nd day bk at work=Help have question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd day bk at work=Help have question 2nd day bk at work=Help have question

Unread 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM
2nd day bk at work=Help have question

Okay ladies ime sorry for what ime about to say as i dont know any other proper softer medical words for how ime feeling..So here goes...Okay so today at work as i stand and move around constantly and yes i did some lifting but not too heavy, actually at one point i did lift something from up high that was a little heavy, but i forgot about not lifting as its such routine habits at work that i forgot not to lift...So here is my question; is it normal to get sharp shooting pain in anal area, the pain is just a little up inside the anus area..and then i have at odd times now shock like pains in upper inner thigh just below vagina...I have not yet read anywhere in here of any ladies getting pain inside the anus going up...so has anyone experienced this,...and if so please tell me its going to be okay..ive been doing so well in recovery trying not to lift, push, or pull anything, but since going back to work i have, as its sooooo hard not to as ime a dog groomer and so geesh how do u not lift or pull or push as thats pretty much a whole part of my job,,i do have help with heavy things,. i sure hope all is well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Re: 2nd day bk at work=Help have question

I worked a pysically demanding job when I had my hyst so I took 6 weeks off. When I went back due to heavy bleeding complications my OB still did not want me lifting heavy things. Well apparently his mind heavy and mine were different because I lifting something and buckled in pain right in front of him. I went back to my OB and he said I had pulled stuff they had done internally on my right side. was put on restriction for 2 weeks so my job put me on office duty and I have been there since for over a year now I did not have anal pain but vaginal and anal locations are close in area so I suppose it is not uncommon. If the pain persists I advise you go see your OB. While it is best not to an internal exam for many many weeks past your hyst, they can better explain if what you feel is normal or if they need to limit your work duties for awhile. Best of luck!
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Do you have continued pain, bleeding, fever or significant abdominal pressure? The reason I ask is that at around the 6 week mark, I pushed open an incredibly (deceptively) heavy door - I immediately got shooting pains in the vaginal area that lasted for some time, also cramping in the lower abdominal area. I was very upset and scared that I had done damage. That said, I had no bleeding and the cramping receded some with some advil. I told the doctor about it at my 7 week post op check and she looked concerned, but my internal went just fine and I felt perfectly fine after that one day. If you don't have any concerning, lingering issues, then my guess is you used your abdominals after weeks of non-use, and using the ab muscles seems to push the healing area down and cause cramping and unpleasant sensations in the vaginal area, which as the other poster said, is so close to the anal area. When in doubt call your doctor and be sure you are in agreement on the lifting restrictions, but I bet you are going to be fine. Feel better soon - I know how scary it is when you think you have messed up your healing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 06:43 AM

[quote=Carolinagrl42;3734669]Do you have continued pain, bleeding, fever or significant abdominal pressure? The reason I ask is that at around the 6 week mark, I pushed open an incredibly (deceptively) heavy door - I immediately got shooting pains in the vaginal area that lasted for some time, also cramping in the lower abdominal area. I was very upset and scared that I had done damage. That said, I had no bleeding and the cramping receded some with some advil. I told the doctor about it at my 7 week post op check and she looked concerned, but my internal went just fine and I felt perfectly fine after that one day. If you don't have any concerning, lingering issues, then my guess is you used your abdominals after weeks of non-use, and using the ab muscles seems to push the healing area down and cause cramping and unpleasant sensations in the vaginal area, which as the other poster said, is so close to the anal area. When in doubt call your doctor and be sure you are in agreement on the lifting restrictions, but I bet you are going to be fine. Feel better soon - I know how scary it is when you think you have messed up your healing!!![/QUOT

Thankyou for sharing with me..and yes i was worried cuz i certainly dont want any repair surgery, and i was doing so good following the do's and dont's, so being back at work ime trying to still not lift anything heavy, but just forgot couple times as its such a routine habit,,,thanku so much for sharing your experience with this, this helps me calm down a bit,,,i have appt with my gyno may 9 and i will share with her what happened and so hopefully all will be well...Peace be with u
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM

I think you went back to work too soon. If you had a desk job then maybe you could be ok to work by now, but as a dog groomer, no way. Stretching, bending, reaching,twisting, lifting...All these things will cause damage to your healing body and you may end up with repair surgery down the line. It simply isn't worth it. to take more time off work now than to have another surgery and additional down time later.
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM

your right cathb911, i think i went back to early,.,.,i was thinking i could go back and not do all the exertion stuff, but cuz its such habit i just automatically did some of those things, which i shouldnt have...what i should have done was just sit in one of our high swivel seats and not get up as i groomed, and that would have reminded me to just sit and groom...ime not looking for any soft sympathetic words as i know ive done too much and deserve a true response..i was just hoping that some ladies in here have had that pain and pressure feeling in those areas in hopes its normal as part of healing as we get back to our regular pre op routines...also ime flat broke financially and have to get back to work...i know i already shared with a lady in here that its better to be broke than to have repair surgery so here ime doing the exact same thing the other lady did,,,ime upset with myself about this as i do not want repair surgery and should have been more careful at work...
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:16 PM

Any chance they would just let you be the receptionist and do the billing and such for a few weeks? It's the actual grooming that is most likely the culprit.I know you need money, but think how broke you'll be if you end up needing repair surgery .
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
Any chance they would just let you be the receptionist and do the billing and such for a few weeks? It's the actual grooming that is most likely the culprit.I know you need money, but think how broke you'll be if you end up needing repair surgery .

Were a small grooming outfit in a very small city, so there is just a couple of us and at times when were smoking busy we bring another person in for that time frame..So were it, we are the receptionists and groomers lol, were the whole deal lol...thanku for offering your thoughts to other options for me...What ive decided to do is truly just sit and groom in the tall chairs we have and not get up to do anything other than replenish my coffee lol...
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Hopefully that will work out better for you for the next few weeks. Good luck, and rest as much as you can.
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
Hopefully that will work out better for you for the next few weeks. Good luck, and rest as much as you can.
Thanku cathb911...yes i will take it easy and rest...these past couple of days ive been more fatigued than i thought, ive gone to bed at 7pm and slept right through till morning..so yep i sure been getting the sleep...yesterday i was tired all day long, and my man says to maybe u got too much sleep, and ime like what i havent got enough sleep..geesh everysince my surgery i havent slept well, like going to bed late and up way to early,, and i said u just dont understand,,then we had bit of a tiff as his comment set me off,,and then he apologized,,so i think he may be getting tired of me going through this as ive also been moody off and on..so i sure hope i come to a balance soon...Thanku cath for offering advice and care...peace be with u

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register