what are you going to do when you "get better"? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what are you going to do when you "get better"? what are you going to do when you "get better"?

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM
what are you going to do when you "get better"?

Now I am just curious about what people would like to do that they ether(sorry about the spelling) did or want to do. I would like to get in karate again. I missed it soo much after we found out I had the "problems" I did. Dr. said it would be fine to do after at least six months to a year and to start at the beginning again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Re: what are you going to do when you "get better"?

I have been going out west hiking and camping the last few years. This last year was cut short due to issues I was having. So, when everything is better I am going for a two week vacation out west and hike some trials that have being on hold.
Reanue
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:23 PM

reanue67 Camping is fun I say go for it, have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 06:47 AM

I plan on finishing my weight loss. I struggled through last year and lost 32 lbs until I started having so much pain I couldn't work out any more. I've already started my stationary biking and walking routine!

As far as other things are concerned, I would LOVE to go white water rafting for our 12th wedding anniversary (June), and get back to being outdoorsy again.
Good luck to you both!
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM

Ive been finding lately that ime actually enjoying the time off from the everday obsessed rigourous physical workout routines that i used to do pre op...At the beginning of post op i was totally in mind and body absolutely bored and missed working out, and i was acutally worried about gaining weight and getting flabby by not working out daily,,,but u know whats happening now that ime 5.5 wks post op, ime finding that ime too tired to even think about the rigourous workouts i used to do,, and ime actually settled down and calm about just going for long walks with my dog and enjoying myself,,...i think i was to focused on working out pre op that it took all my energy and days of freedom to just enjoy my life,,,so now ime finding that ive slowed down and its a miracle that ime not freaking out that i have to workout....so ime thinking i will just stay calm and at peace and walk my dog lots and ive been playing ball with her alot outside,,,one thing i do miss right now is at pre op i use to play soccer with my dog, right now ime not able to do that with her,,but ime hoping as time goes by and i heal lots more than i can play soccer with my dog again...Oh yah and i love camping and the outdoors,,so yes we will go camping and hiking when ime able...Peace be with you all ladies
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:55 AM

I started a new workout routine Turbo Jam a few weeks before surrey. I loved it, but hash to stop due to pain. I look forward to getting back in that workout routine. I also can't wait for hiking and bike riding with. The rest of my family.
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:01 AM

I can't wait to feel active again! Get back to spin classes, kick boxing, boot camp classes. I haven't felt fit for months. Really looking forward to feeling like that again.
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:07 AM

I love the idea of sticking to a workout all month long. With the endo I had, I could workout but a few weeks out of each month. The other weeks I was n too much pain. No more periods means a much easier life!!
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:39 AM

I will get back into my workout routine. I want to do the insanity workout. Before surgery, no matter what I did, my stomach just kept getting bigger (stupid fibroids). I'm looking forward to working out again.
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardbrain View Post
I will get back into my workout routine. I want to do the insanity workout. Before surgery, no matter what I did, my stomach just kept getting bigger (stupid fibroids). I'm looking forward to working out again.
I had a blast with the insanity workout! It was tough the first 2 weeks. I had to huff and puff through it. I didn't think I could complete the workout in the first few sessions. But I got the hang of it and slowly got stronger so I could almost complete 75% of the workout. I'm looking forward to start the insanity workout again once I've recovered enough to go back to my running routine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register