what are you going to do when you "get better"? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what are you going to do when you "get better"? what are you going to do when you "get better"?

Unread 04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Re: what are you going to do when you "get better"?

This is great and very postive!!

I feel like surgery has just been the beginning of a brand new me. Already ten pounds lighter I'm ready to just be healthy and get into the gym. I was loving Zumba but I would go a few days and then end up having horrible cramps and period for two weeks so it was never consistant! I will jump on the treadmill when I get the doctor's okay and work up to the Zumba and toning, but already I'm like okay health kick! I have been eating healthy for the sake of bloating and healthy BMs but now I'm feeling like... hey I can do this! I feel good!!

Good luck to you all. Cheers to new beginnings!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:07 AM

I want to have the energy and ability to do what my family wants to do. They like boating, camping, playing basketball. My goal is to run a 5k before the end of the year.
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM

I can't wait to be able to work out again and most of all....yoga! I miss yoga so much! My kids are grown and on their own now, I had started working out 4-5 times a week a few months prior to surgery and not that I am post op that is all I can think about! I wanna work out again. I am also looking forward to lake/camping season this year since for the past couple of years I was so exhausted all the time from the health issue I had to take frequent naps and sometimes even fell asleep on the boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 07:57 PM

Right know I will just be happy to go back to work. I've missed seeing all the residents (sorry if any are offended) and my co-workers.
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM

Awesome thread ! I have been laughing at some of the posts.

For me this is all about a whole new body ! I wanna get back to working out but whats most important is being able to SCUBA DIVE as soon as possible. My gear is SOOOOO heavy before getting into the water but its a passion of mine and a hobby I share with my boyfriend. I have a trip planned in August to dive the Oregon Coast but hope to get into the water before then locally. (I'm in Cali) Also planning to hit Mexico this year too, so hoping to HEAL quick BUT well.

Finally, my BFF sent me a $50 gift card to Victoria's Secret which I'm looking forward to use buying sexy underwear and wear WHENEVER ! Woo Hoo !!
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM

I have registered for my first 10k on Memorial Day.

I've started training and am up to 2.5 miles and holding myself back to adjust to the new workout. This is a huge change from before, when I was out of air almost immediately. My hematocrit nearly doubled post-op, so I feel like I have new lungs.

It is so great to feel good again!

Cheers~
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM

I had an immediate reaction to this question that I am not sure I want to say now that I read through the entire first page of work out/lose weight posts....but I REALLY want to have sex. Maybe it is immature, but that is what I want to do.
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM

LOL, Rain. Let me just say that your wish was my first one, too! (And it was great, btw) But I've moved forward into some other fun things now, as well. :-)

My BSO/LSH allowed me, with doc's permission, to re-engage with hubby at four weeks. So, this too shall come for you with time!

Thanks for the chuckle.
CB
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:02 PM

I am hoping for 4 weeks as well. I am already at about 95% of normal. I am out walking with no trouble, been off all meds for 5 days, can di just about everything but have sex and push a full shopping cart (once it gets half full I have to have hubby push it). I am doing everything slowly and carefully, but I have recovered very well so far. I am 12 days post op. Stitches began dissolving day before yesterday so doc wants me to come in tomorrow and see if I can come off of light duty by the end of the week. I am thankful that I am healing so fast and I attribute it all to drinking about a gallon of water a day and taking vitamins beginning 2 weeks before surgery. That and having a great surgeon and nursing staff at the hospital.
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:25 PM

Im curious about sex too. I just want to make sure everything still works right! hahaha

Good luck to you rain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register