Surgery Tuesday - got my nerves on ugh - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tuesday - got my nerves on ugh Surgery Tuesday - got my nerves on ugh

Unread 04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Re: Surgery Tuesday - got my nerves on ugh

Thanks! kept busy all day .... Good thing lowered the nerves bad thing time passed and almost another day closer but I bought new shorts and put them on when I got home. I swear not 45 min later I "overflowed" like a volcano ugh. I think the shorts might be ruined but they were only 5 dollars. If I pay five bucks to confirm how much I hate living like this and can look at that light coming from the tunnel it is worth it.
I am glad u guys are healing well, u sound great. For the sisters who are waiting like me. We can just post and chat. It helps me hope it helps u 2.
Btw. I had a ufe to try and shrike a 7cm fibroid but it didn't work at all 4 months ago. Otherwise I am healthy. I bleed so bad monthly my labwork drops and cramps and u all know that deal... I got my period last Tuesday and I am still ruining clothes.
We r in this together! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukky98 View Post
Thank you for ur response and support. Tell me, how was the pain... For real. Meds kept it tolerable from post op? I got gasx new pjs hair cut even tanned lol I love my hospital n doctors.... Just nerves I hate. How soon was the foley removed? Were u able to go to bathroom ok right away? Thanks again
I had my catheter removed the next morning and had no problems or discomfort from the catheter at all. I had no problems emptying my bladder at all.I did have problems at the hospital with pain management. My medications were not working and I had bad/lazy nurses. My DH had to call my doctor in the morning and she came in. Make sure you have someone ( DH or friend) to speak up on your behalf if this happens. When your in bad pain you get emotional and can't really get things handled properly yourself sometimes.

Another hints for you ladies going in soon...Even my largest ,loosest pajama bottoms don't fit well and irritate my incisions. My swelly belly is bad. Dig out your loosest jammies and shorts and keep them bedside so when you are recovering you don't have to dig them out of a storage box or high shelf.Some ladies used their old maternity pants, and I've read some wore house dresses. I'm still in jammies and my DH's boxer shorts.
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:32 AM

My surgery is Wednesday and I'm scared too. Been in bed for 3 days with horrible endo pain that even percoset won't touch so that has been a good reminder of why I am having the surgery. My giant granny panties came today; been in so much pain I ordered stuff online. I think I am prepared, just scared. Anyway good to know we are not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopiallie View Post
My surgery is Wednesday and I'm scared too. Been in bed for 3 days with horrible endo pain that even percoset won't touch so that has been a good reminder of why I am having the surgery. My giant granny panties came today; been in so much pain I ordered stuff online. I think I am prepared, just scared. Anyway good to know we are not alone.
Sorry to hear your in pain right now. I too was in almost constant pain the last month before surgery. I also was on pain meds. I wanted to let you know something, so you can let your doctor know before surgery. The pain management problems I had post op were because my body had built up a high tolerance to opiate type medications ( percocet,tylenol 3, lortab,vicodin type meds )prior to surgery. I had a prior surgery 7 weeks before my hysterectomy and was given these drugs then also.After my hysterectomy we just couldn't get on top of my pain and needed higher doses. Just didn't want you to think you were a baby after surgery if you were in more pain than the nurses thought you should be in. It wasn't that my pain was worse, just that the dose of med they gave me wasn't strong enough.
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:31 AM

Hi Sisters,
I have my surgery on Monday (Tomorrow for me) and i too are full of nerves.
I think my uterus knows it's getting evicted, because the last 2 days it has let me know that it's there.
I'm lucky enough that i haven't had a period for 2 months. Im still on the pill and have skipped the last few just to use them up (they cost me $75 a pack) and im not going to just throw them away lol.
Good luck to you all with your surgeries and recoveries
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
Sorry to hear your in pain right now. I too was in almost constant pain the last month before surgery. I also was on pain meds. I wanted to let you know something, so you can let your doctor know before surgery. The pain management problems I had post op were because my body had built up a high tolerance to opiate type medications ( percocet,tylenol 3, lortab,vicodin type meds )prior to surgery. I had a prior surgery 7 weeks before my hysterectomy and was given these drugs then also.After my hysterectomy we just couldn't get on top of my pain and needed higher doses. Just didn't want you to think you were a baby after surgery if you were in more pain than the nurses thought you should be in. It wasn't that my pain was worse, just that the dose of med they gave me wasn't strong enough.
Thank you for this advice. I will make sure to let my doctor know that I have been taking the pain meds pretty consistently. I can tell I have built up a certain tolerance because I no longer feel loopy when I take it. I have tried everything to take the minimum amount possible including cutting the pills in half and even in quarters. But sometimes you hurt so bad you just have to suck it up and take the whole thing. I am really kind of excited about the surgery and at the chance to be free from the burden of all of this pain but scared and nervous too.

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Good luck with your surgery! I did a lot of research on the tolerance thing after I got home from the hospital during my down time. The first 6 days my doctor and also the nurses at the hospital had me feeling like I was whining about pain like a baby. Even after I told my doctor about the tolerance from all the previous meds she made me feel like I was a drug seeker. She was pretty rude about it and never admitted that the high tolerance was caused by meds she prescribed.She acted like I must have been using opiate drugs for years besides just what she prescribed. During my research I found she was so wrong.
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM

My surgery is scheduled on Tuesday also at 7:30 am. I have been getting a little more anxious but looking forward to not having problems every month. Trust that all will go well and take care of yourself afterwards! Let us know how you are in a few days. Best wishes!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register