Castle? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Re: Castle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Hmmm....sort of like me going into someone's home and telling them I don't like their choice of curtains.
Absolutely not the same thing. I'm uncomfortable with the euphemisms, not critical of the people who invented or use them. As I said, each to their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:06 PM

I'm usually not one for girly girl stuff, but this site really allowed me to appreciate the fact that I needed to be treated like a princess during my pre and post op recovery. The choice of words for me allowed me to deal with my fears and nerves about what was going to happen to me. Deep inside, I wanted to be a little girl who didn't have to deal with the hugeness of a hysterectomy. The terms and warming sense of sisterhood I get from this site have helped me sail through my recovery peacefully; even with hiccups here and there. It's not often, we as women, allow ourselves to show fear and pain. This site lets me take off my Super Woman cape and ask for support and help and advice. I can even have a temper tantrum. I don't think I could have done that without the format of this site. I am certain I could have gotten the answers I needed using generic terminology, but I needed more than just words during my recovery. Being called a princess was much more comforting than being called Hysterectomy Patient 10/20. I belong to a group of great ladies now rather than just reading about them. I didn't even know I needed that, so yeah for Hyster Sisters!
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Personally I like the Princess and Castle angle, since I'm the one always responsible for everything. It gives me comfort to put an adventurous spin on it, and reminds me that I need to allow myself to rest, recover, and be pampered, as well as pamper myself after my visit to the castle.

I am neither childish, nor unaware of the seriousness of the surgery; just in need of some levity to take the edge off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM

I liked the whole princess and castle thing pre op, however immediately after surgery I realized it was a nightmare and not a fairy tale. It was more like Cinderella in a dungeon. I had a horrible hospital experience with bad nurses.
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:02 PM

cathb- sorry you had a bad time. I know how a bad nurse can make your hospital stay horrid... I had one with my first child... it made everything bad...

As for me, I neither like or dislike the castle thing... I am too practical to wrap myself around it but I do understand the whole thing about treating yourself like a princess when you are healing. It is a good reminder that we need to treat ourselves good while we heal..
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM

I think it makes it more personal. I know that I am a woman, but I also enjoy feeling like a princess! my surgery is in about 33 hours (not that I'm counting) and this site and the fact that there is a little bit of lightheartedness is very helpful to eliviate (sp?) some of my anxiety! so thank you so much for it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register