anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach

Unread 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach

I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy on April 24th. My journey started in my late twenties with two years of treatments that failed for abnormal bleeding and painful, heavy periods - all of which arrived suddenly after my last baby came. Birth Control Pills, D&C, chemical D&C, ultrasounds etc led to an oblation - what I opted for instead of a hysterectomy as I was only 30 at the time.

I had to have my cervix opened once as periods were very long and light - scar tissue was the issue.

Starting in January I began to spot and have two "periods" Now my belly aches for days before spotting, bleeding starts.

the bleeding, and spotting was ramping up - but for some reason this month, I just have aching and bloating 10 days past my last period (was getting a period every 10-15 days). It is making me rethink getting this procedure done, like I just imagined everything (but I kept written records, so I know it wasn't imagined).

We have a large deductible, and the surgeon is willing to do the surgery for free in order to help with the costs. He is also the expert in our area, and is retiring May 31st.

During my exam for the physical, scar tissue was visible on my cervix

I'm just curious if anyone had experiences like this? I'm wondering if menstrual blood is stuck up there.

Cherie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Re: anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach

i constantly have a heavy feeling in my stomach... most of the time i feel just like i'm pregnant again.... soooooo not worth when i'm not gonna come home with a baby.... my uterus is the size of 4 months pregnant and i have a large fibroid tumor on the right side too... i'm hoping thats whats give me that heavy feeling.
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbl View Post
i constantly have a heavy feeling in my stomach... most of the time i feel just like i'm pregnant again.... soooooo not worth when i'm not gonna come home with a baby.... my uterus is the size of 4 months pregnant and i have a large fibroid tumor on the right side too... i'm hoping thats whats give me that heavy feeling.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is a really uncomfortable crampy, heavy feeling like something is in there that needs to come out. I wish I could describe it better. When I bloat - I look about 4-5 months pregnant. This can last for several days and my stomach is so sensitive I can barely stand the feel of the waist of my pants on my skin. Then a few days later I start a very slow drip 8-10 day period. This happens now twice a month.\\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2012, 03:56 PM

My surgery is April 24. I have a heaviness feeling sort of on top of my bladder. It is just a heavy dragging type of burdensome feeling, not achy in my case. I saw my tumor on a hi def LCD screen, via a sonogram last Friday. It is the size of a fetus about 18 weeks along and mine is to the left so it has pulled everything over to the left of center. I could see the blood vessels feeding it, and there were a lot of them. My ovary on the right,, which should be near the right lower abdomen, is now up near my navel and against the folds of my small intestine. It took a while for them to find it! My other issue is my left groin area sort of has a twisting cramping spasm but only if I pull my abdominal muscles too much, like I can't do a "crunch" exercise without getting a spasm deep inside on the left. I found out that the spasm is because I have a cyst on my left ovary. What got me into the Doctor's office was a swollen left ankle and foot. The sonogram showed no excess endometrial tissue so my uterus is somehow shedding the clots and blood every month but how much longer could I defy anemia, infection or pain? We women are such experts at coping, I was even a regular blood donor and never had any anemia or deficiencies with the quality of my blood. Here I have this parasitic tumor and I am giving away a pint of blood every 4 to 6 weeks! You may have excess tissue still in there if your uterus cannot function the way it needs to because of a tumor inside it. It will not matter in the end. If your uterus is going wild on you like mine, it is probably best that it comes out. Mine was a good one when it needed to be. I have had 4 successful vaginal deliveries and I feel lucky my problems are not worse but we have to accept the fact that now is the time to part with what we have always known for the sake of our health in the future.
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:38 AM
anyone suffer from a heavy feeling, mild ache in the lower stomach

I have the same feeling frequently but I have endometriosis with constant bloating & gas. I also get that feeling when I'm stressed. Hope you feel better soon. Jeanine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register