New...scheduled for LSH on April 25..stepson's wedding 10 days post-op...questions! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New...scheduled for LSH on April 25..stepson's wedding 10 days  post-op...questions! New...scheduled for LSH on April 25..stepson's wedding 10 days post-op...questions!

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Re: New...scheduled for LSH on April 25..stepson's wedding 10 days post-op...questio

I'm with greyown and could have attended the wedding at 10 days. I went to a small event at 10 days. I drove myself there, spent two hours mostly sitting and drove myself home.

Everyone has their own recovery. You may be okay but be prepared for the worst and have an alternate plan available. A place you could sneak off to take a nap for a while would be useful, would that be possible?

I had no bleeding and could wear clothes that were a little big on me at 10 days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Re: New...scheduled for LSH on April 25..stepson's wedding 10 days post-op...questio

I'm 7 days post of. And I could easy go to a wedding by 10 days if I felt this good.. I went to a dentist with my hubby and set there for 2hrs 2 days postop, and to a ball game 4days postop. I dont have a swelling belly bleadding or anything.,. Hopeing for the best recovery for you so you dont miss out..gl
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
I had a different experience. I had a TVH and went to a family wedding 2 wks post op. I did skip the reception but probably could have gone and sat for a while. I had no bleeding or swelly belly and clothes didn't bother me, nor did sitting. I did get pretty tired. Apparently I'm in the minority here compared to the other posters. I just took Aleve and had somebody drive me, but it all went well and I was glad I went. Maybe you could keep it open ended as to whether you go, and decide when it gets closer to the day. And you might consider going to just the wedding, or leaving the reception early. Everyone has a different recovery and there's no way to predict whether you'll be up to it until you get there, but it could be disappointing to decline only to find you feel just fine after all----or vice versa. Keep your options open and hope for the best but be prepared just in case. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Thanks! I had three fairly easy c-sections and was back to work in four weeks so I'm hoping a few hours won't be a big deal. I know my dr didn't think it would be. I have to show up so not going isn't really an option...just wondering what to kind of expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Butterfly,

I guess I am someone who thinks you will probably do fine. I would suggest that you start walking each day to get yourself somewhat up to speed first. Even Day 1 could have you moving slowly around the surgical floor or in your own home. I absolutely believe that with an LSH one can do well with this if one listens to their body. I got home and made it upstairs with no issues going SLOWLY. I was easily walking more than a mile by Day 10.

What I would absolutely suggest is resting as much as you can during healing and especially the day of the wedding prior to the ceremony. It seems that as we heal we are a bit like an hour glass: There is a point at which we run out of sand,q and that is it for the day. You want to have enough left in the tank to enjoy yourself. I wasn't comfy in pants at Day 10, but I could have a managed a loose dress -- without stockings around the middle. I had zero bleeding one day after surgery. Just be sure you are taking your advil that day, and if someone offers you help or a chance to sit down, take it. That was hard for me, but when I figured out to accept, things got easier.

I have been incredibly blessed. I am 10 weeks post surgery and training for a 10K next month. No issues. I went back to work at three weeks by taking it easy. Getting rid of endless, horrible periods and the chronic anemia has changed my life for the better.

This surgery can be one of the best things you I'll ever do. Sending good energy your way for an easy surgery day, lots and lots and lots of rest, and a wonderful wedding!

CB
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Thanks CarolynB!! My son is an usher and of course, my husband will be there too. They will both make sure I don't over do it!
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:38 PM

I like what CarolynB said about being like an hourglass. So true. When your energy is gone, it is totally gone. No adrenaline to help you push through.

One thing I would caution you about is setbacks. Usually in the middle weeks, a great many people overdo it and set their healing back. It might take a week to regain the ground lost. Right now it may seem like it's worth it to push yourself, but after you do, and you feel worse than ever, and the bleeding or spotting increases, you just may be saying what we've all said to ourselves "What Was I Thinking!!!" Our health is of utmost importance. Bleeding inside can cause adhesions, which can cause further trouble down the road. Taking care of ourselves has to be our main concern. It is major surgery. Just because the scars are small, your insides might have up to 100 stitches. If we could see them, we might feel differently about how we care for ourselves. It's not like a c-section (I've had two) where they pretty much cut an organ and sew it back up. After my c-sections, I never experienced the extreme exhaustion, the hurting all over, and the long recovery from set-backs. In a hyst. they are cutting blood vessels, ligaments, things inside rearrange, your insides are kind of raw.

And for those who have honeys, long about week 6, we're really ready to be done with this healing stuff and get back to our lovers, but if you have set-backs, and it takes longer, it's really depressing.

On a practical note, if you go, you may want to carry a little pillow with you in case you have to cough, sneeze, laugh, or cry. And don't forget the Gas-X!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register