Its one of those yucky days :( (kids mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its one of those yucky days :( (kids mentioned) Its one of those yucky days :( (kids mentioned)

Unread 04-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Re: Its one of those yucky days :( (kids mentioned)

Don't apologize for "ranting." We all have days that we just need to vent so we can let it go. I am so sorry that you had a rough day. Feeling overwhelmed can be very upsetting. I understand why the gardening is important to you. Like you said, they will last longer than a clean house. I hope that you begin to get more support from your family. Like the other said you should make a list and check things off as you go. That will help you concentrate more on what you have accomplished and not just what still needs to be done. If all of that fails, lock yourself in the bathroom and have a good cry. Sometimes us girls just need a release. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM

Thank you Christinegow! Yes, my mother & friends are keeping me on my toes (& keeping me up some nights with wonder). Thank you for your kind words! <3
Cathb- our "garden" is pretty simple- just going to be starting seeds & making sure everything will be ready for our correct planting time.
Did mom's vac assembly today, so=check! (Will still have to ans questions freq abt how to turn it on, but @ least that is over the phone & I can answer & then "lose phone signal" & be done ). Yes, we live in an area where its the minority who have trash pickup done. My mother would "never leave trash cans by the curb- that would be ugly & the neighbors wud talk". When I moved back closer to her (was 1500+ miles away until my dd eas born- moved back for "help", ironically enough, since I am a single mom "by choice" @ the time- donor insem bc it was possibly a "now or never time" bc of my female problems). So, I take my trash to the dump 1 day & hers a diff day (depending when she actually gets it all "ready to go"- small town recycling). Sign. Did manage to do a few things "for me" today- put in the 2 ac units @ our home &.... oh wait- that was it for me. Tomorrow is all mine tho. Yes, my dd will go stay w/ g'ma for (hopefully) the 1st 2 weeks. My mother is much more financially "able" than we are as I am on disability. Its simple- I cant supply her house & mine with stocked up food. She wants me to stay with her post-op, but I would much rather "wing it" on my own! I plan on coming home to my house- recovery will be MUCH SMOOTHER. (Even my doc is hoping I come home to my house vs being in the toxic, critical environment! Lol)
I want to apologize for the LLOONNGG posts, but want to THANK my sisters who have taken the time to listen!!! This has helped me so much!
I hope you all are doing ok & staying "out of trouble" .
Best wishes!
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:10 PM

Thank you cmae- that "gud cry" has happened a few times in the last few weeks as it likely has for many sisters. Started the list & checked off some "important" things to just get them out of the way- the stuff for my mom.
Yes, I see much joy coming from our plants during recovery- they better do well! Lol.
Thank you for your reply! And for "listening"! I have a great bunch of "Sisters"!!!
Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 11:40 PM

can't your mom take both your trash and her trash to the dump for a month?I don't think it's a good idea to be alone the first three days. Not saying your mom is the answer, but is there anybody you can ask to stay with you 3 days. My first few days were really bad. Could not get in or out of bed unassisted, felt dizzy and faint a lot. ( sort of like a wobbly 95 year old lady on drugs!)I would have fallen multiple times if someone wasn't walking with me at first.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace37 View Post
(My doctor joked @ 1 point about writing an "order" that she & I are to
stay away from each other & that I have to go to my own home for recovery bc he said he worries abt the stress.)
Brilliant doctor!!! Way to go...I hope you follow his instructions! Sounds like it's almost time to pamper the

Unread 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM

Thanks Meka- yes, my doctor knows VERY well what my mom can be like- he had even taken out his prescription pad as he said it .
Cathb- Im really HOPING she'll take the trash. If she actually does it'll be the 1st time in 6yrs & my 6yo DD will have to show her "how to do it"- sorting recycleables & such. Actually, I think I would love to see a video of THAT- it would be very funny.
As for 1st few days post-op- my doc is planning on 2-3 days in the hospital & then MAY , gulp, go to her house for a few days. I did have a newer friend say she was going to come "camp out for a while & 'take care' of me" for a bit after surg- I had forgotten about that. Will have to add following up w her to the list. 1 plus of my home- is that its a small 1 level home, so that will help too. I believe my doc will be looking at my hospital discharge time thinking as I live alone with very little help- so I am confident I will be in "ok" shape by the time I come home.
Im sorry I have made you all worry! Also, I really DO THANK YOU for all
your help- its been wonderful !
I hope you all are making sure to take great care of yourselves & that you are doing well! <3
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Great! I'm 2 weeks post op and still have a few bouts of being dizzy and weak. Those first few days i never could have been alone. Just don't want you falling!! If you are going to be alone ( actually do this for 2 weeks maybe) carry your cell phone AT ALL TIMES in your pocket of your jammies or robe. Never get up or walk without it on your body. That way if you do fall your not stuck crawling to a phone in pain. I read a story o here once about a girl that was home alone and fell and didn't have a phone nearby.. Your going to do great, just keep working on your list and as you get hints on how to go it alone, prepare. Have you read the link " hints from member" yet? On the first page down about halfway there is a thread that a single lady posted with all kinds of really super great ideas she did to prepare and get by post op at home alone. Might be worth taking a look.

Unread 04-17-2012, 10:12 PM

Hi Cathb- Sorry to hear you are still having some dizziness. I am so happy for you that you are at 2 wks post-op!! U still have some more pampering to do though, so make sure you do & take it easy otherwise .
Thank you for directing me to that post in the pre-op hints section, I had not seen it.
Great idea about keeping my phone on me @ all times! I have already made sure I will have an extention cord for charging it near where I may be in the living room & in my bedroom. Ive been talking with some of my neighbors & have gotten their phone numbers & given them mine. At least 2 of them are around all day long- so I have a feeling they will be checking in & I know I can call them if I need anything.
Cathb, I LOVED your comment about the length of my to-do list- telling my mom "I have 300 things on it & only time & energy for 250"- it had me laughing SO HARD! Thank you. I cant imagine actually talking with her like that, but I DID do things for her yesterday (prob not as much as she would like, but as much as my body "wanted" to do). Before the end of the week I will have looked for (&hopefully scheduled delivery for) a recliner. So that will be a BIG checkmark.
Again, thank you so much for all your help, support, & advice. Big hugs to you! I hope you are blessed with a smooth, "comfortable" recovery! You are more than a princess, you are an angel!
Thank you to all who have replied to my vent!!
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM

another hint , you won't be able to bend down and get the extension cords to plug in the charger, so make sure you hook the cords up on something about a foot off the ground or more! Good luck with the list, and your going to do great, just keep preparing and planning like you are!
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:21 PM

Cathb- yes, I did think of that - will be taping them down- hehe, little buggers wont escape me! I NEVER leave things like that plugged in- Im too cheap. But, cheap goes out as convenience comes in. Didnt get much done 2day, but thrilled with the 1 thing- picked out & ordered a reclining sofa!!! Will be delivered 8 days b4 surg. Now I REALLY NEED to get my house picked up so it looks great when the sofa comes! This was a HUGE accomplishment that I was stressing about!!!
I hope you ladies all had a good day!!
Hugs to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register