Not sure what I should do now? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not sure what I should do now? Not sure what I should do now?

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Not sure what I should do now?

Hello everyone. So my surgery is scheduled, and I have no idea what i should do with my self. My thoughts and emotions is constantly going up and down. Nerves are all over. Is this normal. How do I deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Re: Not sure what I should do now?

Hi there! Eat right, get some exercise every other day, talk about your feelings with people you trust, read pre-op information here...You are just a month out...I'm a month behind you and this is exactly what I'm doing.

Keep smiling!
Stephanei
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM

Hi Blessed- I will be having my surgery on May 9th- so not that much sooner than you. It is TOTALLY normal (or so im told by our sisters ) to have emotions that go from one extreme to the other, & also for our nerves to go all over too. 1 day I just want things all to be over (Ive already been waiting a month+), & next Im wondering if this is really what I want to do (I know in my head I HAVE to, but my heart isnt quite there yet).
Take this time we have been blessed with to allow yourself those emotions & to process all this. Read the pre-op hints thread that sisters who have "gone b4 us" have posted. Ive "enjoyed" reading peoples recovery stories, but I do take into consideration how everyone is diff & tolerates things differently. Ive also enjoyed playing the "games" on here too- kinda fun & meeting people.
This is a great group & Im sure im speaking for many when I say "Im glad you're here". (This is the 1st online group I have ever been part of & I look forward to being part of it even "from the other side". I have received great info, advice, & support- so I hope I can give some later.

Best Wishes to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergeron00 View Post
Hi there! Eat right, get some exercise every other day, talk about your feelings with people you trust, read pre-op information here...You are just a month out...I'm a month behind you and this is exactly what I'm doing.

Keep smiling!
Stephanei
Thank you so much for your advice Stephanei. I am going to start to make some of those changes. Good luck with your surgery.

Blessings
Lisa
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace37 View Post
Hi Blessed- I will be having my surgery on May 9th- so not that much sooner than you. It is TOTALLY normal (or so im told by our sisters ) to have emotions that go from one extreme to the other, & also for our nerves to go all over too. 1 day I just want things all to be over (Ive already been waiting a month+), & next Im wondering if this is really what I want to do (I know in my head I HAVE to, but my heart isnt quite there yet).
Take this time we have been blessed with to allow yourself those emotions & to process all this. Read the pre-op hints thread that sisters who have "gone b4 us" have posted. Ive "enjoyed" reading peoples recovery stories, but I do take into consideration how everyone is diff & tolerates things differently. Ive also enjoyed playing the "games" on here too- kinda fun & meeting people.
This is a great group & Im sure im speaking for many when I say "Im glad you're here". (This is the 1st online group I have ever been part of & I look forward to being part of it even "from the other side". I have received great info, advice, & support- so I hope I can give some later.

Best Wishes to you!!
Thank you Ace37 for your words of understanding. I'm so glad I found this group. I truly believe I was lead to it. Cause I wasn't looking for it and it was on one of my emotional up and down days.
Good luck with your surgery, I'll be looking for your post.

Blessings
Lisa
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Not sure what I should do now?

Hi I am new here too. You mentioning that you "truly believe I was lead to it. Cause I wasn't looking for it and it was on one of my emotional up and down days", that rang so true with me, I was searching for something completely different and "stumbled" across this site. I feel blessed that I did as it was the day I got told I needed a Hyster. Thank you all for caring x
Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:37 PM

Hello, Everyone!

I'm new to this site as well, also with a TAH scheduled for May 9. I can relate, as my emotions are all over the place. I'm a bit nervous and seem to have a "nesting" syndrome - just an overwhelming drive to make sure everything is perfect before my surgery. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I'm just trying not to drive myself crazy!

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:24 PM

You girls, will be fine. Yes eatting healthy bafore the surgery its very important. Have yur house all in odrer before the surgery its great..Im 7days post op and feel better than I have im months...
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM

I am also new...and scheduled in less than ten days! I am definitely "nesting" but more so because my son will be home on leave from the Marines for his brother's wedding just a week after my LSH! Gotta get my ducks in a row now!
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Hello all, I am 21 days post op and I'm feeling pretty good. This is an excellent site. Excellent support from eveyone. I came across this site the day before my surgery, wish I had known about before. A lot of good information.

Nervousness is understandable. You ladies will be just fine. If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it!!

I'll keep you all in prayer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register