Scheduled TVH Surgery Canceled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Canceled Surgery Canceled

Unread 04-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Surgery Canceled

Hi Sisters
I need to vent
I was scheduled to have my surgery today.
Went to the Castle at 10.30am, fasting and non smoking like i was told.
I sat in my little cubicle and watched lunch come and go, and nurses and doctors come and go.
The nurse told me my surgery was at 1pm, then the anesthetist told me it was 3pm. Then my doc came in and said there was an emergency c section (he is the only gyno/baby surgeon in town) and surgery would be around 4pm.
At 5pm he came back and told me that he had had 2 more emergency c sections and that my surgery would be cancelled and to come back next week. Arrrgghhh
I was so annoyed and upset that i threw my gown and stocking onto the bed, got dressed and walked out.
I'm soooo honkerblonked off right now.
I know he is the only surgeon, but why they don't have a back up surgeon to help him out is beyond me.
And he only does surgery 1 day a week so there is not a 100% chance i will get it done next time either.
Just needed to vent as i was so upset when he told me to go home. I had hardly any sleep last night and was really nervous, and now have to go through it all again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Re: Surgery Canceled

Oh my... I am sooo sorry! I would flip. I mean I understand babies can't wait but still this surgery can't either. It's important to us and such an emotional up and down to get there. Hang in there. Vent all u want, I am here for u.
Kris
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:07 AM

So sorry for you. I remember the agony and anxiety before hand, the bowel prep, and starving and no smoking too. To have to go through all that again as well as arrange and redo all the home preparations you did all week. wow! So sorry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:15 AM

Thanks Kris and Cath
I'm just so lucky that my hubby's boss understands and can rearrange his carers leave for NEXT week.
The anxiety was the killer last night, but this morning i was strangely calm.
Must have known something was going to happen though as I didn't throw out the rest of my birth control pills this morning like i thought about lol
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM

Me too - was supposed to have my hysterectomy today, but the surgeon rescheduled it for Saturday the 21st. I was fortunate, though, to receive several days notice, so I didn't have to go through the whole bowel prep and actually get to the hospital before getting the bad news. So sorry about your terrible experience. That seems so unbelievable that they would do such a thing! Hospital systems can be so impersonal and insensitive sometimes, and we just have to adjust. It's awful to have the anxiety over the surgery prolonged as well. Hope you can calm down and start to relax again soon. Good luck with your next scheduled date.
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM

I always think that there must be a reason... you may never know that reason but it could have ended with issues you will not have next week...
I know it is a hassle to do everything once more but you are strong and can get thru this..
:hugs5:
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:33 PM

I can only imagine how upsetting that was for you! I hope it will go better for you next week!
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through this Praying for the next week and surgery to go smoothly for you!!
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:41 PM

On the positive side it means that my head cold will be gone and i can finish cleaning the house. Hubby tried to clean for me while i have been sick, but let's face it... They never quite do the job properly lol
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM

See DClapham- the universe wanted you to feel well going into the surgery AND have you knowing the house is to your standards . So sorry it got put off, sounds like you will be using the "xtra time" pre-op very effectively. Keep us posted. May it all go as planned next week!
Best Wishes & hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register