May 7th Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 7th Hysterectomy May 7th Hysterectomy

Unread 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM
May 7th Hysterectomy

Hello everyone,
Im new to this. Never thought at 25 I would be two wks away from getting a hysterectomy. Four years of severe pelvic and abdominal pain is what lead me to this. First was pain during intercourse, really really painful periods, irregular and heavy periods. Now I have severe pain everyday in my lower abdomen, pelvic area, down my right legs, back and shooting pains everywhere including down to my buttocks. After 9 mths of going from gyno to gyno i finally found a doctor that took my pain serious and listened to me. The other doctors thought it was IBS. So i took meds for that and did a slight diet change. No change in pain. Just kept getting worse. Then one doctor told me the pain was all in my head and that I needed to seek a therapist. I played by their rules and took the meds, did the therapy. Nothing helped, nothing changed. Just kept getting worse and worse and kept spending more nights in the emergency room with unbearable pain that even has made me faint about 6 times now. Finally got a recommendation from an ER doctor to this amazing doctor that I now have. She listened to all my signs and symptoms and agreed that something was wrong with me. She did a pelvic exam that brought me to tears after barely touching my uterus. She said it was very enlarged, bumpy, thick and obviously very tender and touchy. She put me on some meds to try to help. Did the meds for 4 wks. No change just got worse. We went over my symptoms once more and she ordered an ultrasound. Few hours after my ultrasound I got a call from her office and they asked me to come back in the next day. So I did. They finally said "We think you either have endometriosis growing everywhere, endo in your uterine muscles or you may have uterine cancer." SO after a week of thinking I went back in and we talked about my options. I trust her with every ounce of my being. She said she feels the best way to relieve my pain is to remove my uterus. I agree. It seems to be the problem. So on May 7th 2012 I will be having a hysterectomy and a lap exploratory surgery. We are not for sure yet if just my uterus is coming out or if everything is coming out. I told her that I trust her judgement and when she gets in there she thinks that my other bits and pieces need to be removed bc of cancer, endo or whatever than do it.
I can not lie that I am alittle upset at the fact that at 25 and with only one child that I am having a hysterectomy and will never be able to bear a child again. I cant be angry with god bc almost three short yrs ago I was blessed with a beautiful little girl. If the timing had been different I may not of had my little angel. If this is gods plan for me than this is gods plan. But I need this surgery so I can take care of the child I already have. Barely being able to get out of bed or off the couch, having no energy and always being in pain is not a good way to take care of a child and be an active parent. So I trully believe this is the best option for me AND my family.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice for this journey I am about to embark on?
Thank you for your time and thank you for listening to my story. Hope all is well. God Bless

*~ Peanut~*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Re: May 7th Hysterectomy

Welcome to hystersisters! This is a great place to research and ask questions. Your story about the doctors of your past sounds all too familiar. I played the same doctor jumping game for several years. (humiliating and frustrating.) 3 years ago I finally found a doctor willing to believe me and help me. I had a hysterectomy April 4, just 2 weeks ago.Do some research on ADENOMYOSIS.That is what I had and it sounds like your symptoms fit. You may also have Endometriosis. I'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have. This is going to be a roller coaster for you, so let us here at hystersisters help!!
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Re: May 7th Hysterectomy

bbg79!!

You have definitely come to the right place for support and information!!

As I was reading your story, before you even mentioned endo, I was thinking "this poor girl has endo". Most women with endo have such a hard time finding a doctor to believe that their pain is real. It is almost always a struggle to find a doctor who will look into it to find out what is causing it.

I agree with cathb911, you should look up ADENOMYOSIS. Sometimes the symptoms are very similar. It could be one or the other, or even both.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this and especially at such a young age. I was 30 when I had mine and although I feel fabulous, it is still sometimes a hard pill to swallow.

Look around the site, you will find so much information. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are here for. We will be here for you every step of the way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register