2 days and nerves kicking in - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days and nerves kicking in 2 days and nerves kicking in

Unread 04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Re: 2 days and nerves kicking in

I was the same! I am at 2 weeks post op and doing quite well. The night before and the morning of my procedure I was a wreck. My advice: Don't read any recover stories until you've been recovering for over a week. Everyone has a different experience and healing issues. You don't want to scare yourself! Try to focus on the time you're going to take to pamper yourself. Make a mental list of movies you want to see. Visualize relaxing in bed for as long as you want. Finally, this place is a wonderful place to visit as you recover. You will find tons of support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM

what did you pack?
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:26 PM

furelise

I am trying to visualize bedrest, after doing pre-op errands and getting ready, I am already tired.

My elderly father reminded me what I have told him--pace your self.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM
2 days and nerves kicking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemypug View Post
I can't believe that happened and I'm so sorry to hear about it. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Once again, the fact that you had surgery YESTERDAY and are here posting is very reassuring.
I don't know if my experience is a rarity but I do feel MUCH better than I ever expected I would. I am willing to share because the sisters here....shared with me.

Any questions that I can answer, I will.
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM

I brought a book (I was too out of it to read though. It took me a few days to have the attention span to read.), reading glasses, my smartphone, headphones. The hospital had everything else I needed. I used my phone the most, to watch streaming movies and TV shows. I watched the entire series of United States of Tara. I also slept with headphones on, listening to a Nature Sounds ap all night. So my smartphone was the thing I really used and appreciated during my hospital stay.
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
2 days and nerves kicking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbud View Post
what did you pack?
Truthfully....nothing. I was out of it mist of time and anticipated coming home the same day, as did my doctor. I took my insurance card. Wore my extra big undies there. All my weeks of preparation awaited my return from the castle. It's all about pampering me now though!!!!
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Well my appointment went well today, she told me that most of her patients end up staying over night she said that she is going to keep my ovaries unless they tell her otherwise when she gets in there. She was also nice enough to give me my after surgery prescriptions so they are here when i get home.

My dad took me out and got me all my meds, a grabber so i can reach what i drop. He also got me a hair cut so i don't have to worry about it.
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:15 AM

Someone else mentioned a pre-surgery haircut, maybe next week.
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:42 AM

I was absolutely terrified. I was almost starting to invent things to be afraid of. I think it is completely normal to be afraid of the unknown. We are all embarking on a new phase of our lives. I know telling you to not worry is pointless because it was with me. So I will just say good luck and I hope your experience goes as well as mine did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register