I look four-five months pregnant! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I look four-five months pregnant! I look four-five months pregnant!

Unread 04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Re: I look four-five months pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Scout View Post
Lita39 - kinda whack, right?! I had to look at it a few days in a row to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

The other thing you said, about your GERD - I've never had acid reflux before, but I do now. Bleh.

sandinmytoes - I feel for you. It is really hard to be patient when every day seems consumed by this, this mess - I totally get it. I even asked that if they got a surgery cancellation and could push mine up, I'd take it. No one cancelled. So, I'm on for 4/26.

To everyone with upcoming surgery - good luck, girls! We are all in this together.
Thank you April 26th is right around the corner! You must be so relieved. Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks! The time waiting was going so slow - now it's starting to accelerate.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Hi there. I woke up in such pain this morning in my pelvis I was cramped over for about 1/2 hour. Could feel a tugging pain below in the chest area and wondered whether the fibroid was moving or growing. My tummy can swell right out too. Its so horrible being like this and I always wonder how on earth are they going to get that out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM

Hi Again,

Just had my Gyno appt this afternoon, including another ultrasound....this time I booked my date for LAVH - May 15th. Funny but I am more nervous now that's its official. I will be glad to be done with all of this but I am terrified that my doctor will find more than just my adenomyosis. I will now start to countdown my days and try to get organized with food etc for my family. He says about a month recovery but some of these posts seem that it really takes longer.

Still overall....looking forward to no more aches and pains!!

Judy
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM

Hi Judy,

You've got a date! Dang, I know how you feel - it's been a real rollercoaster for me too. I'm less than one week out before surgery, and I've finally made peace with my decision. Like you said, looking forward to no more aches and pains. And no more distended belly. And no more feeling like I got hit by a bus.

I have apparently eased into a healthy positive attitude, which I think will help me heal faster. I was a mess last week. I have another sister to thank for this. She's just two days post-op, and is still going strong - and uses humor to deal with all of this. Good way to deal!
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:38 PM

Hi Ms Scout

I had coffee this morning with a good friend who has already been through all of this....she said recovery is not that bad and she had a lot more repairs due to a prolapse that I am going to have. I am going to try my best to stay positive about everything but I must admit I am definitely a bit of a worrier. I think you are definitely right about attitude affecting the healing process. Let me know how it goes for you next week....waiting it probably the hardest part!!
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:04 PM

I will let you know how things go, for sure. Waiting sucks. Keep busy and focus on other things if you can! It's Friday, I've been busy with work (that helps), and I'm really ready for the weekend! Gonna take care of myself : )
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:55 PM

Ahhh yes ... Iremember "those" days. I recently delivered a 7lb uterus! I am back to wearing my normal clothes and guess what ... the pants that had the button on top that I always left open ... can now be buttoned! I could never lose in my lower stomach and just thought it was age (I'm 47) ... but now I know ... it was that protruding uterus!
Unread 04-20-2012, 08:13 PM

That's great to know because I am so bloated tonight...I feel huge!! Hate it!!
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:03 PM

Hi,
I too was told my uterus is as large as a 5 -6 months pregnancy due to fibriods. She is recommending a TAH, but can a daVinci surgery be done on a uterus this large, as well as prolapsed? Anyone know? To see a surgeon who does daVinci surgery, is over 100 miles away, and I don't want to go to a consultation if I am wasting my time. Can't say I have had any discomfort because of it, except for the prolapse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register