Scheduled dVH/RALH Just secduled da vinci hys. Did not seem real until now. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just secduled da vinci hys. Did not seem real until now. Just secduled da vinci hys. Did not seem real until now.

Unread 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Re: Just secduled da vinci hys. Did not seem real until now.

Thanks everyone, my doctor told me she wants me to stay for a night. She said if the da vinci does not work she will do the surgery through a incision in my abdomin. I also have a very small uterus and I dont know if that will be a good thing or hurt. I think the idea of a cath scares me. Any advice for the day of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinopoodle View Post
I have several questions, will they put in a cath?? how long did you all stay in the hospital? How was the trip home will they give pain meds for that?

I am 72 hours post op, kept ovaries, had daVinci. Catheter was in during surgery but I didn't have one when I woke. Was able to pee about 3.5 hours after surgery on my own. Burned the first 3 or 4 times but my nurse said that was to be expected because I had the catheter. Pain meds given before I left the hospital (in at 5:40am out at 6:20pm), so the ride home was tolerable.
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinopoodle View Post
Thanks everyone, my doctor told me she wants me to stay for a night. She said if the da vinci does not work she will do the surgery through a incision in my abdomin. I also have a very small uterus and I dont know if that will be a good thing or hurt. I think the idea of a cath scares me. Any advice for the day of?
Generally a catheter is not inserted until after you are put to sleep, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM

I also had the daVinci on March 26th, I am 15 yrs older than you and recovery is ok. I was up walking the next day slowly but up. The first 36 hrs are the hardest but they have pain meds. I also had a cath its called a foley and it was taking out the next morning. My surgery started at 8:30 and finished at 2pm. I had more than the hysterecomy, my biggest complaint was from my rectocle repair, hard to sit. I was very scared going into preop, but the people in there are good and will make you comfortable. Now about children as someone said there are more ways to have children the genetically and some of them need very strong moms to help them thru their lifes and you sound like one of them. Just think of all the pain gone and how you can focus on so many other things. Wishing you the best. and let us hear from you when you return from the Castle. PS. Get that rest after read a book, watch a stupid show. It does matter.

Hugs
Twotwokat
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:12 PM

Dinopoodle,
Warmest regards to you sister. I can't speak on the kids but I can say for sure the worrying before is far worse than once it's over. Its the fear of the unknown I suppose. I had the daVinci and stayed overnight with a catheter. Thank goodness I had one because I was dizzy after my surgery and couldnt' get out of bed. Not sure if your surgeon will use one but I had the Q ball that delivered a local anesthetic to me for 2 days so I was quite comfortable in that area. My suggestion is stool softener and Milk of Magnesium. The constipation can be very painful if it gets out of hand. That has been the most discomforting to me. I wish you nothing but the best. Know that you have sisters out there that wil be thinking of you on your surgery day and will be there for you when you wake up and ready to be back on. Good Luck!!
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Someone said," it's not the surgery to worry about but it's the recovery to take care."
My surgery with the DaVinci method went very well.
Went home about 10 hours after. Catheter was also put in during the surg. then taken out right after. You might have a slight soreness after that when you urinate for about a week.
Percocet for 1 day was used then I just took Advil when needed, but for about a week I took a Percocet right before bed time to eliminate any pain if I turned in the wrong direction. I truly believe that this type of surgery was less invasive. Recovery time was great and I know... I had many surgeries in the past but this one beat them all! Highly recommend it!
Sorry you have to go thru this, but I'm sure you,ll feel so much better afterwards.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register