Work is giving me grief.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Work is giving me grief.... Work is giving me grief....

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Work is giving me grief....

So I was out of work a good bit last week and yesterday my doctor said that he wanted me off my feet for the rest of this week. My pain is pretty much constant and it is worse when Im standing, walking around, bending etc... Im a manager in retail so sitting down is not an option. Most days im on my feet for 8+ hrs at a time, lifting, pushing etc...I was told this morning that "I just needed to have my dr write me out till surgery bc I cant do what my job requires." While I understand their point of view, where is the compassion and understanding?? This is a WOMANS retail clothing store I work for...you would think they would be a bit more understanding...My surgery is scheduled for May 15th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Re: Work is giving me grief....

Oh retail. Love/ hate. I am a manager at a retail store, too. I had my surgery 3/6. This week I should be returning to work, that was the original plan. My doctor just extended my leave until 12 weeks due to some issues I am having with my incision and infection. My work got the email from disability yesterday and the HR and store man called me in a panic...not worried about ME, just worried about how they are going to make it through that time without a body in the position filling in shifts. I told them they are completely out of line, that FMLA guarantees me 12 weeks. Then I wrote a complaint letter to corporate HR about what happened.
I, too, felt horrible before my surgery, but am so glad I trudged on through. I am lucky to have my 12 weeks after surgery, as I need all the time I can get.
I asked my doctor before surgery for a doctors note with a restriction that allowed me a 10 minute break once an hour. That helped me, as well as taking tylenol religiously and avoiding sugar and white flour.
I will be thinking of you during this inbetween time. Feel free to vent vent vent. Everyone here gets it, and the time before surgery is difficult emotionally and physically.
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Re: Work is giving me grief....

Whats in the sugar and white flour? Im do have my 12 weeks fmla, but my company allows up to 26 on short term disability...Im just frusterated because it feels like im being pushed out because I cant work like I usually do..and yeah I think there is some "o gosh what are we going to do" because Ill be out during memorial day and july 4....It also makes it worse because I felt like my manager and I were "friends"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Work is giving me grief....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidik View Post
Whats in the sugar and white flour? Im do have my 12 weeks fmla, but my company allows up to 26 on short term disability...Im just frusterated because it feels like im being pushed out because I cant work like I usually do..and yeah I think there is some "o gosh what are we going to do" because Ill be out during memorial day and july 4....It also makes it worse because I felt like my manager and I were "friends"
Sugar and white flour....I avoid because they make me feel miserable, and are energy zappers for me. I eat lean protein, tons of veggies, one or two of fruit a day. I eat very little grains. I started eating this way after noticing my doctor losing weight. I asked her what she was doing because she looked so great! So she told me, simple as that. Feel like chips and dip? Eat cheese, bell peppers and cucumbers and pea pods with dip. Feel like ice cream? Eat greek yogurt with blueberries.
Except for having surgery, my intestines have never been happier!
People who are stuck at work while you are on leave picture you on vacation. Believe me, it won' t be a vacation, but it will be time for you. Take all the time for you and let the voicemail pick up the phone, and whatever you do, dont visit work while you are out. You may look normal on the outside, but will be doing a ton of healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register