Scheduled TVH No time for stress... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No time for stress... No time for stress...

Unread 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
No time for stress...

Hello all. My date is coming up fast and furious. I am busier than ever at work, and will be working right up until late in the evening the night before my surgery. I am stressed. I have no time for stress! I have to be focused at work (I am an office manager and head tax pro at my office, and the CDN deadline is April 30th!!).

However, this morning I am sitting here with my daughter before she goes to school this afternoon, and all this stress and worry are setting in. I had my pre-op last week, and then went to work for 9 hours.... I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!

Sorry... just needed to vent!

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Re: No time for stress...

I'm usually very busy at work as well. It has helped me keep my mind off this at times, but it has also caused stress as I want to get a lot done around the house before my surgery. Either way - STRESS!
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM

I just found out today that that is my date too (May 1) Iam so glad they could get me in that soon...I need this done so I can get on my way to attempting to feel a bit more human....

But I have to stress...too many details.

* I've been promising my daughter since we moved in a month and a half ago that I would set up a fun playdate for her friends at school. Well her in the deep south pre-k ends on May 9th! So this week it is. I just got verifications from a quorum of the moms that Wednesday will work...now to planning...we are gonna do a bug theme and have them "catch and learn about" bugs...to hopefully get my 4 yr old over her phobia of her awesome back yard!

* We live far away from any family and my family is not very supportive as they see any illness as "faked for attention". yes I'm serious. And since I have Osteo- arthritis, PCOS, Fibromylagia, hypothyroid, Pre-type 2 and IR, tons of hormone issues, and had Advanced Lyme Disease, I am the queen of looking for attention and trying to get drugs just because I like them.
So we are having to invite my Crazy (literally) MIL back to help out with the 4 yr old and 5 month old. I know she will take care of the kids though as she raised 7 of her own...and I happen to adore one of them.

* Scrub the entire house and make sure every last box is unpacked and every last vestige of things we don't need disposed of. I will not be able to not do what I need to not do if my house is a wreck....at least not without a bunch of anti-anxiety meds!

I'm hoping that I will be medicated enough that the day in the hospital will be a time I can rest.

I'm also a bit nervous about not quite knowing the details of the surgery. We are attempting an LAVH possibly BSO But she warned me that if they couldn't get it done that way they many need to open back up my c-sec incision. So I guess I will find out upon waking up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM

I did as much as I could before my surgery last Thursday. What gone done was done, and what didn't get done, didn't! Try not to stress too much ladies. The world doesn't fall apart when we're down. Even though I sometimes think it surely must! Ha! Just take a few deep breaths! I am glad I had the surgery and will be even more glad when I am back to normal. I've had some wonderful time with my daughter and grandkids that I would have missed out on....so no regrets here!!! Blessings & Hugs!
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM

Thanks fr the encouragement zendoodle.

One thing in my corner....I have the world's best husband!

He is out of vacation time because of the Emergency c-sec at 33 weeks and his vasectomy (which he is now wishing he hadn't gone for )
But when he is home he will care for the girls and clean the house and cook. he is amazing. I just don't want to leave too much on his plate again so soon.

And I get the impression from reading this site that Recovery from this will be harder and longer than from the C-sec.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register