Anyone have pelvic pain NOT solved by their hyster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have pelvic pain NOT solved by their hyster? Anyone have pelvic pain NOT solved by their hyster?

Unread 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Anyone have pelvic pain NOT solved by their hyster?

My surgery is Tuesday, so nerves are kicking in. I've had terrible cramps with my period since I was 12. There is no doubt that my menstrual cramps are being caused by my uterus, so my hyster will definitely solve all of my heavy bleeding and cramps. But for the past year I've had this general deep, dull ache in my lower pelvis that radiates into my lower back and even in my hips. My doctor thinks I have adenomyosis. We didn't do any expensive tests (no MRI, etc) because I'm willing to do the hyster to stop the bleeding and I'm not a good candidate for ablation because of the size of my uterus (ultrasound shows it's enlarged).

Did any of you continue to have a dull ache in your pelvis after you hysters? My doctor thinks all of my troubles are being caused by my uterus. But it would suck royally to discover that this dull ache follows me into the land of hyster because I have another issue like IBS or something.

What are the odds that all my cramps, aches, and discomforts will go when my uterus goes?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Re: Anyone have pelvic pain NOT solved by their hyster?

I had very deep pain for a year that radiated throughout my back and down my right leg, plus all the horrid cramps. When I woke up from surgery the first thing I felt was none of that deep pain. It had all gone. It was such a relief to not have that deep aching pain. I can even urinate freely and with force. I am peeing at lightning fast speeds now, whereas it used to be a 10 minute mission to empty my bladder. I thought there may have been something wrong with my pelvic floor muscle but it turns out it was just my big fat uterus blocking the way.

This is just my experience, yours may be different, but I have to say that having the hyster is the best thing ever! Best of luck with your surgery!
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM

Hi.. My surgery is the same day, and I have been feeling the same same nasty pain in my lower back and hips.. I opten think its a UTI, but then nothing shows.

I hope we are both able to get some relief Tues. Good Luck with your Surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:32 PM

I have a lot of the same symptoms. I am haviing a hysterectomy on tuesday as well. I have had ablasion and it helped with the bleeding, but the horriable pain has been going on for a year. I have sever endometreosis. I hope the back pain and hip pain and all that other pains will stop for both of us. Good luck to you! I will be praying for you.
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:00 AM

Abagayle, that has been one of my worst fears. I just keep thinking what if it is something else? I just hope and pray. I know it is all caused by my periods and cysts on my ovaries, but there is still that little voice that says, what if.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:03 AM

I had my hysterectomy April 4 ( adenomyosis) and even though I had a lot of new pains during my recovery I have noticed that the pre surgery pain ( much like you described) is gone. I used to feel like an 80 year old lady that was 7 months pregnant. The pressure and shooting pains I previously had are gone! I'm very hopeful that once my new pains from surgery are all gone I will be good go go!
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
I had my hysterectomy April 4 ( adenomyosis) and even though I had a lot of new pains during my recovery I have noticed that the pre surgery pain ( much like you described) is gone. I used to feel like an 80 year old lady that was 7 months pregnant. The pressure and shooting pains I previously had are gone! I'm very hopeful that once my new pains from surgery are all gone I will be good go go!
That is very encouraging. Did you have adenomyosis, fibroids, or endometriosis?
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagayle View Post
That is very encouraging. Did you have adenomyosis, fibroids, or endometriosis?
I had all three. Adenomyosis ended up being the larger problem according to the doctor. She said after surgery it was really bad. My endo was only stage one, and I had fibroids, but they weren't that large.My adenomyosis had me looking like I was 7 months pregnant, and it;s weight and pressure was causing all my pre op pain.
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:29 PM

I am now 11 days post-op and just wanted to come back and share that all my aches and pains are gone. Absolutely all of my pelvic pain, cramping, lower back pain, and even tailbone pain were being caused by my large, boggy uterus. Absolutely all of the pain disappeared with my uterus.
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Hi, I'm almost 7 weeks post op and all of the pains I was having are gone!! The backaches, cramping, pelvic pain etc. I am amazed at how much has changed and how great it feels to be pain free! Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register