Scheduled dVH/RALH Sexual dysfunction fears again. Panicking! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sexual dysfunction fears again. Panicking! Sexual dysfunction fears again. Panicking!

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Re: Sexual dysfunction fears again. Panicking!

Thanks ladies for taking the time to reply.

Sugarandspice, I always appreciate your honesty. I do have horrible cramps with my period and then the rest of the month I have a steady, deep, dull ache. My periods are heavy, but do only last 10 days which is much less that what many ladies here have to deal with. So, I do have very uncomfortable symptoms that will be a blessing to get rid of. However, I have comfortable sex with my husband that is pleasurable and satisfying. Despite all of my female issues, intercourse is not painful. On top of what ever challenges I face after this surgery, I have Lichen Sclerosis which will affect our sex life forever. I just hope I don't end up adding new sexual dysfunction on top of the already challenging Lichen Sclerosis.

I guess when I look at the whole picture it's silly to worry about how losing my uterus will affect my sexual pleasure when the rest of the month it causes me pain and discomfort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Sexual dysfunction fears again. Panicking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagayle View Post
I guess when I look at the whole picture it's silly to worry about how losing my uterus will affect my sexual pleasure when the rest of the month it causes me pain and discomfort.
I don't think that worry is silly at all. I think your feelings are very valid. It's really too bad that we get no guarantee with the surgery. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and I'm sure you'll be in the vast majority who have no post op issues.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM

Sometimes doing too much research is a bad thing. I was also worried about losing my desire and ability to have an orgasm. Good news! I can still have that intense orgasm although I have not been "*****". My husband thinks it is because I still have pain on and off. I am only 9 weeks post op and still have the swelly belly. But it has gotten better each week. Just be patient. All will be fine!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:48 PM

I'm 35 too. I also suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I just went through a total hysterectomy but I had to lose my ovaries too. I can't tell you how the sex feels post op but I can say I understand. I too worried about what the sex is going to be like after I get the all clear from the dr. Here is what got me through the last week.
I talked to my DH and he was so loving and told me it would be like when we were first married all over again. We will just take time and figure out my new body together. I took the advice from the women here telling me that my sexuality is mental and since I know an orgasm can be obtained by thought alone, I can believe that this is true and that I will orgasm again even if it is different. I am up for a new experience. I told myself to stop obsessing. We figured it out back then and we can do it again. I didn't have a lot of pain before my stay in the castle (I get such a kick out of that statement). So not knowing how you feel now and how your sex life is now, just remember you are doing this for a good reason. Everything can be worked through as long as you give yourself the time to get through it. I can say my desire hasn't changed at all, even though I know I can't, I want to. Relax and try to calm down. It will all be ok.
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Abagayle -

I understand the LS as well. I was diagnosed after my surgery. I'm guessing the surgical menopause and the sudden drop in estrogen triggered things. I had never been told I had it before that time. Luckily mine isn't super bad but definitely have to watch it. All the Drs talk about how it is controllable not curable so that still plays in my mind at times as well. If you are looking for extra support on LS you can go to the Information tab and then the Support option, from there select the Immune Disorder area. There is a link to an LS group there. I visit there every now and again.

Unread 04-27-2012, 06:26 AM

First, I'd like to commend you on not "getting laid" just to do it. This strength of character on your part, in my opinion, pretty much guarantees that your sex life will be wonderful. Why? Because you already understand that sex is so much more than a physical thing. I wonder how many of these people who have told you how your sex life is going to be have actually had a hysterectomy. I will tell you that my sex life is amazing now. Like you, I had horrendous bleeding-and yes, not super romantic. I had pain and I was anemic and so tired all of the time. I felt sloppy and out of control and just plain blecky. I had a dVh/BSO and it is the best health decision I've ever made. The recovery time, with all of its restrictions, allowed my husband and I to "date" again which made our second first time to be awesome. I'm thinking you'll have much the same outcome. You are a smart, confident and definitely strong woman. These character attributes are vital to a great, healthy sex life. Good luck and continued good health to you.
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:21 AM

Sexual dysfunction was my biggest worry also. I'm 7 weeks post op and everything is working just fine. We do need to use lube but everything else is great. I have the same desire and my orgasms are very intense. I hope everything goes just as well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register