Can I get the DaVinci surgery with a large uterus and fibroids? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I get the DaVinci surgery with a large uterus and fibroids? Can I get the DaVinci surgery with a large uterus and fibroids?

Unread 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Re: Can I get the DaVinci surgery with a large uterus and fibroids?

Oh- I also wanted to let you know that he said the surgery will last about 5 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 12:20 AM

Hi, originially, my Dr. thought my uterus was a 3 month size, but once they did surgery, it was 5 month. I had mine done 4/25/12...ovaries were left. I feel so much better now,,,,I recommend staying off work for at least 6 weeks to recover....best wishes.
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:24 AM

I had davinci surgery on April 13th. My uterus was tthe size of a 7 month pregnancy(doc said largest he has done dvh). The surgery took 5 1/2 hrs. And I spent 2 nights in the hospital due to blood lose. But I have only 3 small incisions and uterus wass removed thru those incisions(not vaginally). My recovery was very fast. I returned to full time employment in 7 days. I kept cervix and ovaries. I have no family history of cancer so my doc view is if it isn't broke don't fix it. I think the size is not a issue as much with davinci. It is health(you are inverted on the table for surgery). But do know davinci surgery is expensive. Even with good insurance I'm just now getting bills and ouch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM

Well I just saw a Davinci surgeon today. Since my prolapse is solved nicely with a Pressary ring. We see no need to have surgery yet. Nothing is bothering and she said fibroids will shrink 30 - 40 % after menopause, which should be soon. So maybe things will not get worse, and sugery may never be needed. She also rated my uterus more at 4 months. So I am sooo thankful for that second opinon. She also said a woman can have a prolapse vagiana even after a hysterectomy. Anyone out there ever have that?
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug00 View Post
I had a dvh yesterday with a ginormous, prolapsing uterus. I had cysts, fibroids, endometriosis... I had to go 80 miles away to get DVH and so far I think it paid off.
I am going on June 26 for prolapse and suspected adenomyosis. They are taking the uterus and cervix. Did they take your cervix as well? Was it abdominal?

Also, can you tell me, does this relentless pressure go away

Thanks!
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicebythelake View Post
Well I just saw a Davinci surgeon today. Since my prolapse is solved nicely with a Pressary ring. We see no need to have surgery yet. Nothing is bothering and she said fibroids will shrink 30 - 40 % after menopause, which should be soon. So maybe things will not get worse, and sugery may never be needed. She also rated my uterus more at 4 months. So I am sooo thankful for that second opinon. She also said a woman can have a prolapse vagiana even after a hysterectomy. Anyone out there ever have that?
I'm so glad your 2nd opinion saved you from surgery. I don't know anything about prolapsed vaginas, but there is a forum section for pelvic floor issues on here. Maybe you can find answers there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register