post op 3 days, new here. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op 3 days, new here. post op 3 days, new here.

Unread 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM
post op 3 days, new here.

My surgery included: vaginal hysterectomy with bladder lift/repair and posterior lift/repair. I am 37 and was devastated that my body was betraying me to such a degree that I couldn't even go to the bathroom without adaptive measures. I discovered this site while still in hosp. 1 day post op. It has been comforting to learn so much info. And see that my emotions were not out if whack!

I was sent home with a catheter which was mandatory for 2 wks, then I follow up in 2 wks to see if my bladder is going to cooperate. If not we go another 2 wks. This will be the schedule. Until it begins to function on it's own.

I'm still in a lot of pain and experiece much light-headedness.

So thankful to have a place I can read about and relate to at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Re: post op 3 days, new here.

Oh, big healing hugs to you!! Welcome, and I'm glad you've found some comfort in being able to learn and share experiences with others here - it's a great place! I hope your pain gets managed soon. I had the light-headedness too, so I know that weird feeling - it's gone now, so I hope yours goes away too very soon. It sounds like you've been through a lot.
You'll find your emotions may be out of whack for a little bit yet - it can be such a rollercoaster! Gosh, that part is so hard.

Take good care of yourself, and be super easy on yourself - the better you follow all the directions from your doctor this early, the better your recovery will be. Don't push it, even when you're feeling "okay" because that can be deceiving.
Happy Healing!
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Welcome and sending healing hugs your way magnetized17! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Take it nice, slow, and easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2012, 07:29 PM

Hello there. I hope your recovery is a quick one and you feel better real soon. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself.
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetized17 View Post
My surgery included: vaginal hysterectomy with bladder lift/repair and posterior lift/repair. I am 37 and was devastated that my body was betraying me to such a degree that I couldn't even go to the bathroom without adaptive measures. I discovered this site while still in hosp. 1 day post op. It has been comforting to learn so much info. And see that my emotions were not out if whack!

I was sent home with a catheter which was mandatory for 2 wks, then I follow up in 2 wks to see if my bladder is going to cooperate. If not we go another 2 wks. This will be the schedule. Until it begins to function on it's own.

I'm still in a lot of pain and experiece much light-headedness.

So thankful to have a place I can read about and relate to at this time.
I noticed you are in Salt Lake City. I am in Vernal, in the very northeast corner of Utah.
This site has been great! I hope you find lots of help and support as you recover.
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:54 PM

Thank you everyone! In my resting down time, it is nice to look forward to the comforting comments and advice available through this site. I will cont. to use it as a support and hope that I, in turn, can offer that same comfort to someone else. Thank you again
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
post op 3 days, new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeencake View Post
I noticed you are in Salt Lake City. I am in Vernal, in the very northeast corner of Utah.
This site has been great! I hope you find lots of help and support as you recover.
Thx for your reply. I am familiar with the Vernal area; besides it being a fun area for camping/hiking, I have family/friend ties in the Roosevelt and Tridell areas. Are you also in recovery?
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:14 PM

Welcome!! This site is so wonderful for healing and support. Good luck to you and a speedy, smooth recovery
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetized17 View Post
Thx for your reply. I am familiar with the Vernal area; besides it being a fun area for camping/hiking, I have family/friend ties in the Roosevelt and Tridell areas. Are you also in recovery?
I am 6 1/2 weeks post op, pretty much recovered.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:05 PM

I had a very similar surgery to yours. I also went home with a catheter for one week and then had to self-cath for a week after that. I am glad that part is over!

I hear what you're saying about feeling betrayed by your body. This surgery was first suggested to me when I was 35, but I wasn't ready to do it. Again it was suggested when I was 41, but I still wasn't ready to accept it. I'm 50 now and finally was ready to do something about it. I was in a lot of denial about my "adaptive measures".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register