TVH 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

5 Days post op... I'm a wreck! 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

Surgery was on the 16th. Had uterine prolapse and dysfunctional uterine bleeding for the past 16 years. I am twenty six and have a three year old. Pre-op they gave me something for anxiety. In doing so they gave me an epidural for pain BC the two meds would conflict. No problem right?
Surgery was a breeze until the epidural wore off. My post-op nurse refused to give me anything more than ibuptofen- which I had begged for over an hour to get it. Finally my husband got me a new me better meds.
I was released with almost no pain. Then a terrible headache, the worst nausea and unimaginable back pain started. I went to the ER and told the check in nurse about what had been going on. Twenty minutes later, another nurse comes out and asks "What day did you say you had your baby on?" Thankfully at the time I was in good spirits so I laughed it of and said I had just had a hysto.
Anyway, I had to have a blood patch for the hole in my spine from the epidural. Immediately I felt so much better. Around the same time the next morning it all hit me again. Back to the ER we go. The staff was so rude it brought me to tears. The nurses were upset BC it was pre-op and anesthesias problem. When they diagnosed me after two hours of explaining to them what was wrong, I got another blood patch.
Guess I'm one of the few its going to take longer to heal.
I'm so mad at my body for falling apart, literally, at this age. I thought I was ok with no more kids. I thought I was on without my parts that "make a woman a woman" as some jerk told me. I'm a wreck. I feel so worthless that I am pushing those closest to me away. Is it normal to feel this way? Please help. I feel so alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

You are definitely normal. The hormones after surgery are way off the top and so are the tears. That being said the nursing staff at the ER should at least have more compassion with the situation isn't this why they got into this profession. My hear goes out to you. I definitely had to "shut" my mouth unless I said something i shouldn't say. I had no idea the emotions would roller coaster so much. You are not alone and vent any time on here. We all understand. I'll have to disagree with that guy these "parts" don't make "a woman a woman". We are compassionate, loving, nurturing and giving. I'd rather be that than a jerk any day! With or without my parts!
  #3  
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Leigh View Post
Surgery was on the 16th. Had uterine prolapse and dysfunctional uterine bleeding for the past 16 years. I am twenty six and have a three year old. Pre-op they gave me something for anxiety. In doing so they gave me an epidural for pain BC the two meds would conflict. No problem right?
Surgery was a breeze until the epidural wore off. My post-op nurse refused to give me anything more than ibuptofen- which I had begged for over an hour to get it. Finally my husband got me a new me better meds.
I was released with almost no pain. Then a terrible headache, the worst nausea and unimaginable back pain started. I went to the ER and told the check in nurse about what had been going on. Twenty minutes later, another nurse comes out and asks "What day did you say you had your baby on?" Thankfully at the time I was in good spirits so I laughed it of and said I had just had a hysto.
Anyway, I had to have a blood patch for the hole in my spine from the epidural. Immediately I felt so much better. Around the same time the next morning it all hit me again. Back to the ER we go. The staff was so rude it brought me to tears. The nurses were upset BC it was pre-op and anesthesias problem. When they diagnosed me after two hours of explaining to them what was wrong, I got another blood patch.
Guess I'm one of the few its going to take longer to heal.
I'm so mad at my body for falling apart, literally, at this age. I thought I was ok with no more kids. I thought I was on without my parts that "make a woman a woman" as some jerk told me. I'm a wreck. I feel so worthless that I am pushing those closest to me away. Is it normal to feel this way? Please help. I feel so alone.
I had 5 blood patches aged my second child so I know your pain! I hope yje last one worked for you and I wish you a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

I'm so sorry, I've been to the er my self during recovery but for different reasons... I wish I felt better and was healing as fast as others seem to be but I'm not. You are not alone, we all heal differently.
  #5  
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:02 AM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

I am so sorry you have been through all of this. Luckily my pain has been very manageable. I have been to the ER though several times in the past 3 years due to complications with my period and have also found the staff at times to be great and at others to be rude and imcompetent. Good luck and I hope you recover soon.
  #6  
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:49 AM
5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

Amber,
All that you are feeling is normal. You have been through so much at such a young age. Try to let go of anger toward the hospital staff. That is in the past and it only takes energy away from your healing.
If your pain is not under control or you have any other issues, try to go see your gyn who did your surgery as soon as possible. Address all of your issues and get answers and meds so that you can rest.
I'm sure that you will begin to feel as though you made the right decision for you and that a uterus does not make you a woman. Mine was never used for its intended purpose and I certainly feel like no less a woman for it. I adopted my daughter and have everything I could possibly need. You will come to be at peace with this... This is a very difficult surgery from
which to recover and being emotional about it is perfectly normal.
I hope that you peace will be with you and you can rest and focus on healing.
Hugs!!!!
Josa
  #7  
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

Holy cow...i am so sorry you've had such terrible experiences with hospital staff. I cant believe the nurse would only give you ibuprofen! What exactly is a blood patch? I hope you are feeling much better today
  #8  
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
Holy cow...i am so sorry you've had such terrible experiences with hospital staff. I cant believe the nurse would only give you ibuprofen! What exactly is a blood patch? I hope you are feeling much better today
A blood patch is basically the same procedure as an epidural but rather than putting medication into the area around. your spinal sac, they inject blood that they draw from your arm. The blood clots the hole in the spinal sac that is leaking spknal fluid and causing the "spinal headache ". Sometimes when they try the blood patch they accidentally poke another hole in the sac and the cycle starts over. Not fun.
  #9  
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

Oh honey I'm 5 days post op too and I am an emotional wreck. I'm generally a strong independent harley riding woman, not so much right now. I am easily overwhelmed and cry at anything. I cried my eyes out because I had to wear my cathader home. I watched a movie and cried my eyes out even though I had seen it before... I'm a mess. Oh and our parts don't make us a woman our hearts do
  #10  
Unread 04-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Re: 5 Days post op... I'm a wreck!

  Quote:
Originally Posted by lady rider View Post
Oh honey I'm 5 days post op too and I am an emotional wreck. I'm generally a strong independent harley riding woman, not so much right now. I am easily overwhelmed and cry at anything. I cried my eyes out because I had to wear my cathader home. I watched a movie and cried my eyes out even though I had seen it before... I'm a mess. Oh and our parts don't make us a woman our hearts do
I also came home with a catheter and it was horrible. I was so upset about it. But then I got used to it. I got good at attaching the leg bag and putting on clothes and that made me feel more normal. I got so good at it that I was scared when they pulled it out. It seems we're all on a bit of a rollercoaster ride here.
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
9 Replies, Last Reply 04-09-2012, Started By activefor4
4 Replies, Last Reply 03-21-2012, Started By rene1215
5 Replies, Last Reply 09-17-2011, Started By iamnotalone
5 Replies, Last Reply 08-01-2011, Started By BBE123
3 Replies, Last Reply 08-30-2009, Started By jenndenn
11 Replies, Last Reply 01-10-2008, Started By spenrn
11 Replies, Last Reply 11-16-2006, Started By inan
2 Replies, Last Reply 11-11-2005, Started By dsnylnd freak
2 Replies, Last Reply 10-19-2004, Started By clementyne
4 Replies, Last Reply 11-03-2003, Started By Jana2003
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
17 Replies, Cancer Concerns - GYN
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
12 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
5 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
10 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
14 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
12 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

June 14,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement