TAH 3 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post op 3 days post op

Unread 04-22-2012, 06:03 PM
3 days post op

I made it through surgery!! Feeling great, I'm tired, but feeling good. I'm greatful for the support system at home...
What kind of progression do any of you recommend for building up stamina and energy??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Re: 3 days post op

Rest, rest, and more rest. I found when I don't rest then I'm wiped out a few days after. Your body will build up "stamina" as its healed itself but you can't rush the process. Some have found that out the hard way. Take it easy and don't over do it. Best wishes in your recovery.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Thank you!!! I'm definitely not pushing myself, I'm just afraid of babying myself too long too?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:20 PM

Become a professional couch rider for awhile and then one step at a time.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:49 PM

The first few weeks you shouldn't worry about babying yourself too much. Instead you should worry about trying to do too much. It's good to sleep late, take long naps, and don't try to do more than the simplest chores around the house - and then only if you really feel up to it. Don't push yourself. As you read on this forum, you will read stories from women who had to return to work early, who have selfish husbands and kids who expect too much of them, and you will read how exhausted and miserable these poor ladies are, sometimes suffering significant setbacks. It's best to go slowly because for the first few weeks almost all of your energy will be consumed in the healing process. Listen to your body, not to some mental image of who you think you should be. When you are ready, your body will let you know!
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:04 AM

You are so correct!! Thank you!! My sides are incredibly sore, makes it hard to get out of bed, but I'm learning
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM

REST REST REST! get up only to go to the bathroom, take a slow stroll around the house, and get back in bed, couch or recliner. I have a laptop and have been living with it on my lap for over 2 weeks. reading the post op recovery forums I have noticed all the ladies that brag about taking trips to the store, cooking meals, taking care of kids and house set back their recovery. The next day they usually post how they started bleeding, cramping, or just plain exhausted themselves. Take the time to heal correctly now and you will shorten your overall recovery time and avoid future repair surgery! All you need to do is walk around the house a ,little on your trips to the bathroom. Drink plenty of water too!! Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register