pre-op appointment tests? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op appointment tests? pre-op appointment tests?

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:16 PM
pre-op appointment tests?

I am having my pre-op appointment tomorrow. I was wondering what tests to expect and which ones to make sure get done. 1st major surgery for me. 46, tvh, sling, and combined colporrhaphy if that makes sense. I am not sure of all the correct lingo. surgery date May14th. thanks. this group is such a blessing to have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Re: pre-op appointment tests?

I only had one little vial of blood taken. It was a breeze.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:36 PM

HI
I would expect blood and urine test, ekg, and if the ekg shows something to indicate a cardiac problem possibly a stress test or visit to a cardiac dr.

I just had the blood and urine tests this past week.
I will have the ekg and a physical next week after this one.

My doctor mentioned it was great that I made sure to come in way before surgery so I could get this out of the way, he said sometimes people will come in the day before.

I don't expect any problems with my blood work as I had some done in January and things were great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:54 PM

My doctor only ordered blood work. When I got to the hospital and met with the preop nurse she said I needed an EKG. She said the anesthesiologist requires (at that particular hospital, may be different elsewhere) one when a patient takes blood pressure medication. So, had blood work and EKG.
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Thanks so much for the responses. I just want to make sure I get the tests needed ahead of time. This is all so new to me.
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:30 PM

that is interesting, you all go in any time for your pre-op? My dr office made me an appointment for the office pre-op and then the hospital pre op later the same day.

From what the surgical coordinator said when she called, I thought it was pretty much a bunch of paperwork and consents for both appointments. hmm....wonder if it just varies completely by dr and hospital...or if the coordinator didn't give me all the details.

oh and they scheduled these tests for this Thursday and the following Tuesday is my surgery. But then the practice is only her and to NPs and they are using the smallest (of five) hospitals in town to do the pre-op and procedure. maybe that has something to do with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register