So scared!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Re: So scared!!!

I have come to the conclusion that I am a control freak. And that a lot of my fear is arising from not being in control. Its like after I put on that hospital gown, I am at thier mercy. I dont know if I can go thru with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb1990 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that I am a control freak. And that a lot of my fear is arising from not being in control. Its like after I put on that hospital gown, I am at thier mercy. I dont know if I can go thru with this.
Instead of thinking of "being at their mercy", perhaps you need to think about everyone "being at your beck and call"! Don't give up now! Good things are sure to come. Look forward to pampering yourself. I'm glad I am where I am at 11 days out!
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:15 AM

Its normal to be scared, I was out of my mind afraid of the pain... what kind of surgery are you having? I had a de vinci hysto and the pain really wasn't bad at all... That was my worst fear but while in the hospital they controlled the pain well and I was pretty much out of it through that night... then went home the next day and just took my meds as scheduled even if i didn't think i needed them for a couple of days and took it slow... the pain was really nothing compaired to the cramps I had had in the past... my cramps were so bad meds wouldn't help, nothing would help... with this if it hurts just stop moving and take your meds and it will stop... so much easier than the cramps!
Good luck to you... I also had to have it due to severe anemia and 4 weeks after my surgery my anemia started to rise!!!! It will help.. expect to be tired, really tired... I think us anemia patients have a harder time with being tired than the pain, but just rest a lot and listen to your doctor, give you body the time it needs to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM

I can't help but inject a little humor into this situation. You have had four children and you are afraid of surgery? If you can handle that, you can definitely handle this! You have more strength than you realize to get through this new challenge. I know from my past surgeries that every day after surgery is sooo much better than the day before. I look forward to the future of living normally once again. Getting my life back. It's the price to pay, so be it. It is what it is. I'm not that brave, but I'll worry about that when I get there and handle it then. I can't worry about things I can't change. I can change my attitude. I think of the Lamaze strategy of dealing with pain. Focus on something else.

Please remain positive and let the kids help you. It's great for their self-esteem and you can rest a bit. I hope you have an adult to also help you. You need to give yourself a chance to heal properly. It' time to let others take care of you.

It's so nice having this forum. I love the support and knowledge shared. The knowledge helps me cope knowing what to expect and how to handle it. I thank all the ladies that have come before me and shared their experiences. I, too, was afraid, but not now. Not anymore. I wish you the best and hope you remember and find that strength I know you have!
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:10 PM

So scared,
I just read your post and see that your surgery was yesterday and it is now over. I wish you a speedy recovery and I'm sure you are no longer scared.

I am sorry you had to have the abdominal surgery and I do hope your apin is in good control.

We all care about you here and you will feel so much better after
having this surgery done. God will keep His loving arms around you and will be by your side every minute. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to fully recover.

Sending your HUGS and PRAYERS,
Over the moon
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM

My surgery is May 23rd not April, so I still have a whole month to wait and think

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register