I hope that I am given something to help me relax | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hope that I am given something to help me relax I hope that I am given something to help me relax

Unread 04-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I hope that I am given something to help me relax

I hope that I am given something to help me relax I have to have my pre op test done tomorrow and my lavh on friday. I think I may ask if they can prescreibe me something to take at home friday morning. my surgery is not until 1 30 pm amd i have to be there at 1130 am. I know that being sit is so late in the day I will have my self worked up. But from what my dr said it will be 2 hrs of signing papers talking to staff starting ivs and meds I have to have antibiotics and I wish I could just do it all tomorrow I am tired of crying everytime I turn around cause I am nervous. I am afarid of surgery since having my last child 11 months ago and I told him and why and he reasured me that he would not allow my fears to come alive again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Re: I hope that I am given something to help me relax

Hugs to you ashlee!

Believe you me, I will be asking for that as soon as they start the IV! I get super nervous, and have a nervous tummy( not conducive to going into the OR running to the potty every 5 minutes!)
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:13 AM

I had something in my IV to relax me because I was pretty much shaking with fear, I actually can only remember one thing from when they gave me "the relaxant" I have no idea what they gave me. The one thing I remember?? Lots of people in green gowns and masks looking down at me and laughing, I am pretty entertaining when I am drugged and I have no idea what I did or said that was so funny but I was obviously relaxed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM

I am in the same boat here my surgery is 3 days away and the closer it gets the more my nerves get going. And I know the day of surgery I'm going to be a mess . I am more nervous about the being sick to my tummy when I wake up and the pain. So I sure hope I get something to relax me.....good luck all
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM

Mine is 1 onth from today, and I don't feel like I am going to make it. I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I am crying continuously, I have never been so over taken with fear. Mine is a TAH, I wanted the TVH, but due to the size of the uterus that is not an option. I always get so sick when I am put to sleep, I dont want to wake up puking after just having surgery, plus I am terrified of the pain, what if they cant control it, or what if it is unbearable. I am scared of using the bathroom the first time after wards, I hear how horrible that is....I dont want to go thru with this.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM

(((hugs))) Best wishes. I have surgery tomorrow and the butterfiles are HUGE! For me, I'm keeping busy, cleaning and getting everything done so I can rest. that has helped. I don't really plan on trying to go to bed early tonight- but will finish a crochet hat instead.

I know it is hard - hang in there. It's normal to be nervous. I wish you all the best and have prayed you'll experience peace.
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM

They gave me something in my IV to relax and then they wheeled me off to the OR. The only thing I remember is the OR nurse getting me a warm blanket and then barely remember the mask going on my face. I don't even remember getting on the OR table...lol. Good luck to everyone on their surgeries!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM

Mine is tomorrow, and I am so afriad. I dont knowwhat to do . Good luck everyone.
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:33 PM

Hi ladies, I am having my lavh on Thursday and scared to death. I was told they would give me anxiety and nausea meds in my iv when they start it and a nausea patch behind my ear. I get violently sick after being put under. Has anyone ever had the patch and the meds? Do they work like they are suppose to? My biggest fear for this surgery is vomiting afterwards. Someone please put my mind at ease.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register