Tomorrow 2 weeks post op, some bleeding, and feels like period cramps?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow 2 weeks post op, some bleeding, and feels like period cramps?! Tomorrow 2 weeks post op, some bleeding, and feels like period cramps?!

Unread 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Tomorrow 2 weeks post op, some bleeding, and feels like period cramps?!

Well, tomorrow marks my 2 weeks of surgery, dvTH, had all removed, left ovaries. Not much bleeding after, and actually have felt energic and good the past week!~ Today, I was not so peppy and lounged most of the day. Feel almost PMS, and my 'period' would of been due around the 1st of the month, so now is the time I'd feel icky. I have had more bloodish when I wipe, and a while ago, almost a small, like period looking piece, dark, almost small clot... ok, abit freaked out. I called the dr. and they were closed. No spotting--not that much.. just when I wipe. I find myself going to pee every 1/2 hr,. to check!!!!! Hate this! Hoping I did not overdo the past week.... I did no lifting...did go for a couple ride and short walks.... argh! Hate when I worry about the inside!!!! Outside looks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Re: Tomorrow 2 weeks post op, some bleeding, and feels like period cramps?!

I hope you get onto your doctor. The period pain is likely related to your healing, and the blood likely related to your stitches dissolving, many people experience this, take care and see what your doctor says x
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM

I had cramping at two weeks. Maybe there was some residual tissue that came loose from the vaginal cuff stitches. I am sure you are fine but is always good to check with doc. I am post op 9 weeks and still have some cramping on and off. All gets better, just watch what you do and follow the docs instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Thanks, Steelersfan86.... Go Steelers!!!! LOL> Yeah, I am a fan, too! I feel better this pm... maybe just the 'day''.... :O) thanks!!!!!! I go to dr. on Thurs. :O)
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM

I have had a similar experience. Had no bleeding or spotting the first 5-6 days after surgery, but I was laying pretty low those first few days as I was severely nauseated from the anesthesia. When I starting moving around more, the spotting/very light bleeding started. I am told that it is normal. everyone recovers differently, so it can vary quite a bit from person to person. I am two weeks post-op today And feeling that crampy feeling too, with some light spotting. I think that my gradual increase in activity (still no lifting and being careful not to overdo it) combined with the fact that some of the vaginal cuff stitches may be dissolving is what is causing the spotting, and the pain, which is pretty minor, is just part of the healing.

if you're really concerned about your symptom, it might not hurt to check with your doctor. If it turns out to be nothing serious, at least you'll have some peace of mind.

Prayers and smiles are headed your way!
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:31 AM

Today is another day, and I seem to be ok!!! I guess each day brings a new day!!!! Just so many questions about the unknown and hope all of us look back at this 6 months from now and say. phew! Glad that is over!!!! Have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register