T minus 10 hours nerves are increasing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

T minus 10 hours nerves are increasing T minus 10 hours nerves are increasing

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
T minus 10 hours nerves are increasing

!!! 7:15 am tomorrow !!! I am cut off from food and drinks til after the surgery now. Trying to fiddle with last minute things to keep my mind occupied. I have been taking flaxseed oil gel caps and some stool softeners over the weekend to help make that first BM less worrisome. I was told no laxatives, but the flax and stool softeners were okay. However, I did not empty like I thought I would. Ugh! I am more concerned about that dreaded first BM then the recovery from the incisions and internal sutures! My Dr. would not let me do a colon cleanse because it would mess up my potassium level. He let me take a diuretic until a week ago then he cut that too for the same reason. Outside I look calm, inside? Not so calm. I just don't think I am going to sleep much. That 2 hour drive back home from the hospital in Dallas is looming ahead too. Thought I would look in on the site and see if any of my fellow April 24 sisters are having the flutters tonight too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Re: T minus 10 hours nerves are increasing

Pre-surgery day nerves are normal. I think we all get them.

Good luck sweetie. I am sure all well go well.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:58 PM

I am sure you will do well. I had surg 4/18, no bowel prep. Doing great with stool softener and Prunes. Was very worried about first bm...had posterior repair, but was smooth sailing so to speak! Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 10:08 PM

I know it must be so hard to fall asleep, but rest is the best thing to prepare your body for surgery. I wish you a good nights rest, a smooth surgery, and a quick recovery.

My surgery is the 27th, I am hoping that I will be able to get some sleep the night before myself.
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:16 PM

Hi there,

Best of luck to you sister! I will be sending you lots of HUGS!!

Unread 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Don't sweat it if you can't sleep too well tonight . A short while after you get there they will knock you out and you'll be napping till dinner time tomorrow. Try and rest and don't dwell on the scary stuff. Lay in bed and think/dream of the days not far ahead when you can wear all white pants and undies. A life with no feminine hygiene issues, dream of swimming regardless of what the calendar says, dream of no cramps, no pain, no bloating,etc. Lay in bed and if you can't sleep, fantasize about your new wonderful life. Will make the night go way smoother than worrying about surgery.
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:59 AM

I am up with you.. leave for the Castle in about an hour and 1/2 and I have a long drive as well.. Its about 3 1/2 hours.

Good Luck today, see you in Post Recovery.
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiner fan View Post
!!! 7:15 am tomorrow !!! I am cut off from food and drinks til after the surgery now. Trying to fiddle with last minute things to keep my mind occupied. I have been taking flaxseed oil gel caps and some stool softeners over the weekend to help make that first BM less worrisome. I was told no laxatives, but the flax and stool softeners were okay. However, I did not empty like I thought I would. Ugh! I am more concerned about that dreaded first BM then the recovery from the incisions and internal sutures! My Dr. would not let me do a colon cleanse because it would mess up my potassium level. He let me take a diuretic until a week ago then he cut that too for the same reason. Outside I look calm, inside? Not so calm. I just don't think I am going to sleep much. That 2 hour drive back home from the hospital in Dallas is looming ahead too. Thought I would look in on the site and see if any of my fellow April 24 sisters are having the flutters tonight too.
Right there with ya! I tried to fall asleep at midnight and here it is 3am and I'm up. I just decided to stop laying there, and got up and did some laundry, and am now watching a movie. The butterfly in my stomach won't let me sleep. So now I've turned on netflix and am watching Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze. :0)

I'm concerned about the first BM as well - purchased some stool softeners.

at 11:30pm I drank a full glass of water and of course now I'm up and PARCHED! :0)

See you in post-op.
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:57 PM

Hello !

I hope your surgery went well this morning. You are now on the other side of it!! I hope you will have little pain and a speedy recovery.God Bless You and you will be in my prayers.

Gentle Hugs,
Over the moon
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM

I hope everything went well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register