leakage of urine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

leakage of urine leakage of urine

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:39 AM
leakage of urine

I am hoping that someone will know what I am going through...
I had a D&C on 2/14 and had thought it would solve everything, it didn't. March 20th - April 17th was a nightmare of gushing and then spotting and back to gushing etc... My Doctor and I decided it was time for a total hysterectomy and the removal of one ovary that has been giving me problems for years my Dr. doesn't see anything on the scans wrong with the ovary except possibly a small fibroid on it, but I know that there is something not right with it. It hurts even when I'm not having a period sometimes. Now on to the leakage and I hate to ask, but need to know...
I had some leakage on and off for a year or more, but just thought it was my age (47). Now since I have finally stopped bleeding as of April 17th I have been leaking continually. I have to wear and change a panty liner all the time. I don't feel it happening like I used to, I just notice that I am wet all the time. I put a call into my Doctor this morning to see if it was something that could have happened when I had the D&C? I am so confused and tired...I never dreamed that this is what my life would come to. I seem to be falling apart and I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions or does anyone else have this problem? Thank you for listening and best wishes to all...
Rochelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Re: leakage of urine

I don't think you are leaking urine. I've been leaking for the past six months. I've taken to wearing an overnight pad all the time because it will leak so quickly and it's so watery, I can avoid an accident at work when I am sitting at my desk. I have a fibroid and have been told that this is common. If I'm not bleeding to death, I leak. No one seems concerned over this as I have mentioned it to my gyno, NP, and two gynecological oncologists. I was finally told by the last doctor, the gyno oncologist that it was "normal" for my condition and normal uterine mucus. I couldn't believe it. Sometimes I think I must be getting dehydrated with the amount I'm leaking! It hasn't harmed me, so I don't worry about it. It will all be over next month. Best wishes!
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Re: leakage of urine

Thank You...I still haven't heard from my Doctor, she was in Surgery today. You have eased my mind...I hope that it will all be over next month, as I am tired as I'm sure are you. God Bless you too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register