Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

Unread 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Re: Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

pre op list i think im that nervous im having trouble thinking straight...lol...i only have 5 days to go...been ordered to be at hosp by 11am...
i was up until 3am this morning being very sick..i have my sons care for the 1st week taken care of....my olds are having him from tueday after school until friday nite (hopefully be home by then) if not then he stays friday nite too then his dad picks him up and has him for the weekend then iget him from school tuesday nite....
last weekend i cooked spag bol and froze it so my partner jsut has to warm it up and cook the pasta i will stock up this weekend on drinks snacky foods for my son and partners 2 kids and fill the freezer with icecream so BF isnt without either...lol...
but monday ill clean house top to bottom all 3 kids rooms my room kitchen the whole house...comes to times like this i think why do we have such a big house....
my thing im worried about is what to take with me to hospital? do i take a book not sure if ill be awake to read...lol...
what kind of pj's..do i take snacks into hospital? like drinks and things they haveit all at the hospital...but i will want to drink powerade not sure the cafeteria has it? not sure ill be in walking condition to go get one either?
im a bit scared of the recovery process....
my partner is very supportive...and so is my family...if i get stuck they will all help me....i hate relying on others to help me....
see im a mess...im rambling on and on....although that could be coz i only had 3 hrs sleep last nite...lol...

hugs to all that have their date at the castle....
xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 10:22 PM

I am with you ladykn31. My energy level is down and although i want to get my house more organised i am feeling very overwhelmed and now starting to get a bit worried and emotional. Sigh
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:49 PM

There is a link called hints from members that has a bunch of threads listing what you need at the hospital and at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM

Today I treated myself to a new body pillow & new socks
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM

I did some items on my pre op check list. I did some long over due cleaning and heavier lifting that I knew I wouldn't be able to do later. I got my 2 flower beds prepped and planted bulbs (haven't done that in years), planted some herbs. I'm a manager at work and the last 2 weeks before surgery just about made all of my staff crazy because I tried to cover any possible thing I could possibly think of. I also made a 'list' of heavier items that I usually buy so I could stock up ahead of time since I wouldn't be able to carry anything. All of the gals at work coordinated a schedule for meals to make (I was pretty reluctant to this because I'm independent) but I'm so thankful they did. It was so helpful. If you have to cook for a family it is great to have ready made meals or easy things. Another great idea is to prepare some meals ahead of time and freeze them if you have the option to do so.
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM

My surgery is May 14 and today I steamed cleaned carpets. last weekend I moved all the furniture and washed the base board and vacuumed behind the furniture, I have OCD so when I come home I need to know the house clean. I plan on taking curtains down and washing windows. We bought an adjustable tempurpedic bed last weekend, this should make it easier to sleep. The cleaning keeps my mind of the surgery. Got my hair cut and colored yesterday as well. I should be able to recover with less stress knowing the house is cleaned.
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathb911 View Post
There is a link called hints from members that has a bunch of threads listing what you need at the hospital and at home.
Thanks for mentioning this! It is really helpful!!!
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:28 AM

I guess I am lucky, there is no crazy prep to be done on my home.... My DP is very clean person and if anything needs to be done he does it right then. We moved in to our home in November of last year and by the end of the month he had hung blinds and curtains on all windows and fixed anything and everything including hanging the pictures. He will not let me do anything in the house now besides the cooking and laundry and I swear you could eat off my floors. I clean my bedroom good every week out of habit from my mom lol. So I have very little to do to keep me occupied in the house. I am studying going out and hiking and things of that nature before I cannot do those things anymore. Best of Luck to You all
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Today- put training wheels on a bike my DD's Godparents gave her, cleaned out her clothes that she has outgrown (some a yr ago maybe?) & passed them along to a friend, overhauled her room, changed her bedding, put away LOTS of laundry, did lots of laundry, cleaned a bit in the bathroom & put a few things in frames (that have been waiting around for about a year). Of course now I am miserable with pain-it will be another LONG night.
Tomorrow I have appt to get my pre-op labs drawn, a (not related) dr appt, doing errands for my mom (GGGRRRR), & getting internet installed in my home FINALLY! I would LOVE to get working on MY bedroom, but am happy with what I did in DD's room- she was with gramma today so it was a great time to do it. I WILL get my room done before the weekend since a friend has invited me out for the day saturday.
Sigh. So much to do, & only a bit over a week til date @ the castle.
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:35 AM

I feel so better knowing I am not the only one doing these things. I had to show my husband how to use our portable washing machine...LOL..he just shook his head and said he'd go to the laundry mat instead. Making last minute runs to wash our king sized bedding for post op. Cleaned from top to bottom on Friday, but will re-do the kids room tomorrow. Feeling nervous and church was emotional yesterday. But, very excited for post op. Having suffered threw a failed Novasure, and a slew of other issues, I cant wait to be pain free once and for all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register