Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Re: Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

Your all going to be so so happy you did all this post op. I'm 4 weeks post op and doing all the crazy cleanings and preparations has made my recovery so much less stressful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM

gomekast- that is too funny abt your hubby & the portable washing machine. Is he someone who WILL go to the laundromat?
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM

LOL, I'm not real sure! But I'm secretly horrified...he packes the machine and wonders why it doesn't get clean. I think that's going to be the worst part of recovery for me...not being able to clean and wash the way I want it done. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 11:30 AM

It's sort of like "nesting" before childbirth!! lol I too have been running through the list. I'm a little different than the rest of ya'll... My DH is so great around the house that I've just straightened up and done all of the laundry.. making a trip to the grocery store today. I've spent the majority of my time out at the barn getting stuff ready for the barn help. I have labeled halters, feed buckets, feed bins, stalls, mowed grass, ordered feed, hay, supplements... Surgery is tomorrow morning! whooo hooo!!! I'm fit, I'm in excellent shape and I am READY!!!!! I look at this as a rejuvenation period for myself and a mini vacation! Good luck to everyone!!! Positive and happy thoughts! :-)
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomekast View Post
LOL, I'm not real sure! But I'm secretly horrified...he packes the machine and wonders why it doesn't get clean. I think that's going to be the worst part of recovery for me...not being able to clean and wash the way I want it done. Oh well.
At 4 weeks post op I'm well enough to "notice" how DH does it all wrong, but smart enough to keep my mouth shut. I don't want him to stop helping. He puts ALL the clothes in one load, towels and all. The T shirts all have fuzzies all over them as well as the little white balls on all the dark towels.
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Bathroom done, internet installed. Didnt have Dr appt (not related to "female stuff")- most poorly run office I have ever seen, so left. Didnt get labwork done either bc I HAD to get home for cable install . So, labwork & my new sofa tomorrow- YAY for the later!!! I hope you all are doing well!
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:47 PM

Cathb911, I only recently began letting his wash dishes, so I have been slowly letting go of some of that control. Truely, I dont care how he washes it...just so that I can smell that its clean. I promised myself I would keep my trap shut and be nice to him.
Ace37, my nerves have definitely kicked in. Not sure just how much I will be able to sleep the next 2 nights. I go in Wednesday. I began eating light today, so feeling a little light headed at times. Mostly just trying not to climb the walls! I have 1 more errand to run before visiting the castle, so I hope to get that done today sometime. :0
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM

I think I am planning my energy away. I say I am going to do xyz and then Im too tired to get it done. I have 50+ days but I want to purge. Not a hoarder but have sentimental connections to everything. I am doing well but want it perfect before. I even want to repaint. Uuuggg I need a nap.
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM

Scardedycat- I only REALLY go to getting things done this last week+. I know how hard the wait can be- Ive been waiting about 2 months. I think now that my castle date is getting close & seeming more real I have gotten busy. Its funny- this is going to be the cleanest my home has been in a long time. Its not that it was dirty, but just lots of little things ive been putting off for forever.
Best wishes to all my sisters. I am so glad we have each other to "talk" with.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Please don't forget to place things on a table so you can reach them. There is no bending over for a while. Also you can never have to many pillows. Tuck them all around you and put one over your tummy for protection from cats and kids. The list is a great idea. Best wishes for a speed recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register