Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home? Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

Unread 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Re: Any other sisters go CRAZY with pre-op prep @ home?

I started doing the same thing today. I was thinking how it felt like nesting. My surgery is Thursday. I really dread the not being able to mop and sweep. I know I won't care for awhile but then I will go crazy! Maybe I can teach my husband a crash course on what I do every day. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM

I've been prepping like crazy, but in a different way. My list includes things like acupuncture, massage, drinking 2 liters water/day, making a list of friends who have offered to help, buying new cushy pillows, ordering DVD's from the library, meditation, working out as much as possible (last chance workouts;-), doubling up on my iron pills, and having as much fun as I can with my friends and husband to try to distract myself and keep my attitude as positive as possible.

I'm TWO weeks out today. But yes, cleaning has also started;-) And stockpiling food in the freezer. Just trying to visualize the best outcome possible. Thinking that for all of you, too! Hugs!
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM

I'm 4 weeks post op and we haven't run out of the stockpiled freezer foods yet. I have had to send DH to the store only 3 times since surgery to buy milk, eggs, bread, stuff like that. As far as the floors, he's vacuuming and sweeping still too, but he sure does do it all wrong! ( I keep that to myself) Keep prepping girls, you won't regret it. ( have I said that already a bunch of times!) Also make sure you stock up on some sort of medicine to help your bowels. I'm still using it, and bowel movements , even soft ones, are painful still. Buy 2 cases of bottled water too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2012, 07:15 AM

So, I got all the comforters washed yesterday, cleaned one last time, dishes washed and put away. Just need to do laundry today. But man, I hauled over 25 pounds of comforters to the laundry mat, holy cow man...I was in so much pain. I've suffered from ovarian cysts since december...and I can feel one starting on the right side. I could hardly move last night. Today is my liquid diet, bowel prep and sleep. Somehow, I have to be not so antsy tomorrow. My castle time isnt until 2:30..arriving at 12:30.
Post op ladies, besides having our freezer stocked, and bedside table ready with all of the essentials, any more words of advice? I have 2 kids, a 3year old and 5 year old who will be home with hubby for a week. Then he has to go back to work. I am a little nervous.
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM

On bowel prep day I made one last run through the house and garage and looked for anything and everything that I may need for the next 4 weeks an moved it to eye and waist level. Cabinets, shelves, drawers, cupboards, refrigerator,medicine cabinet, under bathroom sinks, closets, etc. I didn't have kids at home, but in your case maybe do a quick child proofing run through. Also have ready made snacks and juice boxes handy. I went to my refrigerator 3 days post op and was amazed at the pain I felt trying to pick up a half gallon of juice that was only half full. Didn't expect that!!

Good luck!!
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM

three weeks from today I should be waking up from the surgery.... and I also have a list, I've been buying extras for my husband to have around for him to eat, but things for me too, and making a list in my head of what food I want handy from the kitchen for lunch when he's away a work... my pantry is in my basement, and I know I won't be going down there... also I am planning to buy flowers for my planters and have my friend plant them for me while I am recovering so I have something pretty to look at when lounging quite neccessarily out doors... the movies I want to watch will be in an easily reached location, what I am packing in my overnight -maybe 3 nights?!?!? - bag for the hospital (I may need the big cut not just the fancy little ones - my uterus is 22 weeks in size and I have a hemorraging left ovary) so yes - I can dig this planning thing and everyone is giving me more ideas! I hope the weather is nice my pre-op day before to hang my sheets on the line for when I return and the kitchen! I have to mop that too, and really want to vacuum one last time.... and then I think about the gym, and how a nice soak in the hot tub there would be great and maybe a swim....and.........and and....... whew, I am exhausted just planning all this and I can only hope I will have the energy to do it and not feel sad I couldn't when I am home and can't..... just three weeks.... and I will be on my way to a happier healthier me...
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:56 PM

My surgery is on May 7, I have a checklist of things to do and NOTHING is checked off yet. I guess I better stop dragging my feet and get to it huh? Good Luck on May 9!
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM

Yesterday my new sofa came, & I can already tell I will be hanging out there more than my super old, uncomfortable bed. Now I need to re-arrange my living room so it looks nice. As the day gets closer Im feeling more & more frustrated that I am doing all of these things completely alone. Moving a sofa out of a house just isnt supposed to be done by 1 person, but noone was "available" so I got it done. Im just hoping people are more "available" post-op. Dont worry though sisters- I promise you all & myself I WILL NOT do anything that is restricted/forbidden til I get clearance from my doc . Today I MUST go get my labs drawn, drop pool chemicals (bought by my mom on monday, but transported in my car) at my mom's house, & then hopefully re-do living room. I do still have my room & kitchen to do .
Keep up the great work & for those of you that are post-op (esp Cathb)- keep "behaving" & healing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register