Disturbing sexual dream last night | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Disturbing sexual dream last night Disturbing sexual dream last night

Unread 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Disturbing sexual dream last night

I had a very sexual dream, but in it I couldn't "O" because of the very large void in my abdomen where my uterus used to be. I was very upset. I felt all this pulling and tugging and emptiness, and I knew I'd never be the same again.

The dream is odd because I have O'd since the surgery, once even during my sleep, so I know I can, but in my dream I couldn't and kept telling myself I wouldn't ever again.

Reading all those horror stories prior to surgery must have really stuck in my unconscious or something. I was so distraught.

I did go shopping yesterday with my daughter and walked a bit more than I have up until now. I didn't lift anything heavy and I quit as soon as my body said stop. But I feel tired and achy and sore today.

Anyone else have disturbing dreams?

Oh, today is my 25th Anniversary and of course we can't really do anything about it, so maybe that's part of my distress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Re: Disturbing sexual dream last night

25 years is quite the milestone! I had a very similar dream about 1 week post op. Don't let the posts about others sexual difficulties bring you down or scare you. There are plenty of women out there who are having great post hysterectomy sex!
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Oh, thanks Molly. Since I have O'd since the surgery I knew in some small corner of my mind that this was a dream about my fears and not about my actual function, but it felt so real and was terrifying.

I really hadn't addressed the sense of loss that I obviously feel. I'm 50 for god's sake! I had told myself that I was done having children and ready to leave the bleeding and other problems behind. I was focusing so much of the positives that I think I forgot that there is a grieving that goes along with this as well. Thanks for the reassurance.

25 years is a huge milestone. I'm hoping to feel good enough to get dressed up and go out to dinner tonight at least. I bought some new shoes yesterday that I can't wait to wear. New shoes fix everything, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 09:23 PM

I had a disturbing dream last night that seemed so real. In my dream I started my period, heavy and messy, got out of bed, put in a tampon, went back to sleep. Woke up in my dream in a panic because I had a hysterectomy and am not supposed to put anything in my vagina for several more weeks. Took out the tampon and panicked I had injured myself. . I woke up for real right after this laughing because I won't have any more periods, ever!!
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:49 PM

I am 43 with two adult children and did not want more. I think I must have been subconsciously grieving because for that week I dreamed only of babies. It was so strange.
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:53 AM

Lady Hopeful,

I too am in my 50's and I went through a grieving process as well over the loss of my uterus. I think it is natural to grieve even when we are done having children. Be kind to yourself.
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM

You have O'd since your surgery? It was less than a month ago?
How did you do that? I am still so sore down there, can't imagine.
But would like to, so fill us in.
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
You have O'd since your surgery? It was less than a month ago?
How did you do that? I am still so sore down there, can't imagine.
But would like to, so fill us in.
Yea, fill us in on the O's. I;m still sore just from wiping when I go to the restroom. I can't imagine touching down there on purpose!

Unread 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hopeful View Post
Anyone else have disturbing dreams?

Oh, today is my 25th Anniversary and of course we can't really do anything about it, so maybe that's part of my distress.
Lady Hopeful, Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary. We too just celebrated our 25th Anniversary on Wednesday. Seemed strange not being able to celebrate in the "usual" way. We had a nice lunch out, went to the new Avengers movie and then I made dinner which we ate by candelight. Our last child has recently just left home, so apart from the University holidays we are now "empty nesters". Has been really great though, we seem closer somehow, even without the sex yet! By the way, loved your use it or lose it post that I have just seen.

I have been dreaming a lot, lots of weird jumbled up stuff. Had put it down to the fact that as I am off work I am sleeping a lot longer than usual ...
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:21 PM

C,mon Ladyhopeful, we waitin' for the answere to
howdja do it.???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register