Physical Therapy for Adhesions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Physical Therapy for Adhesions Physical Therapy for Adhesions

Unread 04-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Physical Therapy for Adhesions

Had TLH on 3/14 and during the surgery, dr found significant adhesions in my abdomen and pelvis from prior gall bladder removal and c-section. Since I seem to be prone to developing ahesions, she recommended physical therapy to prevent them as well as strengthen my pelvic floor. Had my first session today and was a tad caught off guard by the technique. May sound silly but my only other PT experience was for a torn meniscus in my knee. I'm sure they got a good giggle when I walked in with my tennis shoes all ready for a workout.

So, am wondering, has anyone else tried PT? Do you find it effective? I've only had one session so hard to have an opinion yet. I'm not a super shy girl or anything but it was a lot more getting to know my lady parts than I was expecting. Although I guess at this point, I'm willing to try anything to avoid the pain of adhesions again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Re: Physical Therapy for Adhesions

I had my TAH in Aug of 2010. I started having a lot of lower back issues in the fall of that year. I have had issues in the past with my lower back so I thought my chiropracter could fix the problem. That didn't work. Fast forward to Fall of 2011 and I was still in pain. I mentioned it to my primary doctor and he recommended PT. It has almost taken two months but I am almost pain free. The PT person said my back was being overworked because my stomach muscles were cut. I waited way to long to go to PT. You will be glad you are doing PT.
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Ecassidy -

I did pelvic floor PT. It took around 10 sessions but for me it was very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 09:59 PM

I've had pelvic PT and it is an intimate experience for sure. I am not the greatest healer in the world so I'm sure I'll be heading back for some more. Luckily, the lady is very nice and discreet. But it is a bit of a shock the first time.
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM

The idea of pt for adhesions has caught my interest due to my long history of abdominal surgeries. But, I need the details sisters. Why is it "a bit of a shock the first time"? How did you know if it was helpful? Did you feel differently after 10 weeks, TaurusLady? Thanks xxxLaura
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:48 AM

Mine was for pain that ended up being from muscle knots and triggers. The muscles would not relax on their own. I knew it worked because the knots and pain went away. Part of my therapy was internal massage theough the vagina. The therapist would insert 1 or 2 fingers and apply pressure to the knot until it released. I uswd a dialator zt home to do the same.

Unread 04-26-2012, 04:40 PM

I had pt for scar tissue from my old episiotomy scar. The PT would apply gentle, but constant pressure to that area on my perineum until the knots released.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register