Still tired at 8 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still tired at 8 weeks? Still tired at 8 weeks?

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Still tired at 8 weeks?

Question today its been 8 weeks post TAH do any of you still get tired after spending the day out? I had a death in the family ( my daughter in laws grandma) so since Sunday we have been doing the viewing and today we buried her I didn't do much but all I wanna do is sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Re: Still in pain

yeah you'll be like that til about the 3rd month or at least i was.
i now have a new pain,thought i was superwoman and tried to drive my son's scooter and i wrecked and broke collarbone in 3 places.i am in a sling right now,BUT i dont think i hurt anything down UNDER,cause i am black n blue on below belly button & legs.i guess son wont let me drive no more.lol...
but all honesty i thought i would never stop hurting and being tired and you drag your feet and keep on going and one day you wake up and you are not tired.
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Christinatas, iam so sorry you got hurt please be careful that could of been worse. Did you you get checked down under just to make sure?. Next time you want some fun do bumper cars LOL. So what else are the going to do about your collarbone? Feel better soon xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM

i am gonna let nature take its course,gyno said just to watch for any weird pains and contact him immediately if i was to feel any new pain.
a tah is very hard to get over,physically and emotionally.those little twinges of pain last for months and i still get them.HAVING TAH MADE ME THINK" I AM WOMAN-HEAR ME ROAR"
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Hey my sisters, so today marks my 2 months post TAH although I feel somewhat better iam still in pain can't press my abdomen or pelvic area without it hurting,still have some yellow discharge (it is less though) so who ever has reached this point now or in the past please tell me how you felt it will help me understand if this is " normal " or something to check out. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get through some really hard times. Xoxo
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM

Hey Kat, my tummys still sore here after a week of my antibiotics, the tum felt a lot more comfortable. However a week after finishing them is starting to be a lot more tender in the same old spot (RHS above incision line) and some hardness has come back. I fear there is some infection there for it to come and go like that.
Tomorrow i have my ultrasound so I will report back any findings. Take care girls.
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM

I think recovery takes longer than expected. I had a huge fibroid removed along w/ my uterus and right fallopian tube on 3/7 laparscopically. The area where the fibroid was is still extremely tender (right side) and five weeks into this ...my lower back is hurting (especially in the evening). I get pain down my right leg as well. I'm sure it's from surgery, but it can also be from the way I was lying down compensating for the other pain going on in the belly. Geez...it's tough. Doc says I can return to normal activities, but I'm just taking it slow. You WILL feel better, as I know I will too. Time heals. We just have to be patient. Thanks to all the sisters on this site- you've been most helpful. God bless.
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:10 PM

yeah total hurry up and wait game.besides painful cysty-like ovulation,i think i am past pain.
but i swear to you,there will be a day when you actually dont think of hysterectomy.
my dr. told me before surgery i would be 100 %better at 6 weeks!i think now that the man just needed to make a house payment.lol.lol.even @hospital they treated me like i shouldnt have any pain,i flat-out asked nurses if they had had hyster. everyone said no.you dont know what it feels like til you are there.good luck and i hope yr day comes soon.mine was more like the 3rd month though.....
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Valerian, good luck with the sono today keep us updated.xoxo
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:04 AM

Cela, hope you are feeling better today, take things slow my Dr . Told me I could get back to normal too at 6 weeks and here iam at week 8 and still not ready to do my normal day. Keep us posted on your progress. Xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register