Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo

Unread 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Re: Women that have adenomyosis HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll27 View Post
Adenomyosis with cyst in one fallopian tube. I have been experiencing low back pain as well as general back pain for 6+ years. I have not had sex in years, but when I did....I did experience pain. I did not relate it potential fibroids. The doctor always told me my paps were negative and my pelvic exams were great. So since the diagnosis my doctor was conservative about treatment which equals nothing. Lucky for me I work in the health care field and understand the reports, labs and etc.

So what I have done to try to alleviate the problems til I have consultation and surgery: 1. Change my diet. Some things I ate caused more bleeding. 2. Excercise when I am not too tired. 3. Take iron tablets 4. Naprosyn for the pain (ibuprofen did not work for me).

Results: I don't bleed for 4 days extremely heavy. Now I am down to a day in half to 2 and half days. The naprosyn controls the pain.

This may not work for everyone. My fibroids are multiple and 3-4cm. I know it is not going to resolve the problem but it will alleviate it til I have my consultation and potential surgery. I will you all luck in what ever you decide to do. I am here if you have any questions.
Is your belly huge and heavy? My adenomyosis and fibroids progressed over the years . For about the last year before my hysterectomy I looked and felt about 7 months pregnant every day. It was swollen and tight. My doctor said it weighed a lot and that was why I was so huge and in so much pre op pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2012, 04:30 PM

I have aden, and have experienced pain so great that I couldn't walk and ended up in the emergency room with suspected appendicitis. As a result, I occasionally I take Vicodin and flexeril, usually IB is enough. nothing has been able to stop the bleeding. I'm just grateful that i only have about a month left until we're done with it
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:08 PM

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op, Adno, endo, fibroids and cysts on my tubes. Yes I have post op pain, yes I have gas and bad days, swelly belly, emotional, uncomfortable, etc. But I would NEVER go back, I was in horrid pain with the adno, Im so happy i had this done. You will feel so much better(i hope) after the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 08:03 AM

I had my LAVH on March 20, 2012. At my pre opp appt my Dr told me on top of my fibroids she thought I had adenomyosis. I have had horrible cramps compared to natural child birth dilated 8cm since my very first period when I was 12 years old. My Dr explained to me that you can develop adenomyosis while you are developing in your mother's womb. After 27 years of menstrual horror I finally had my hysterectomy. I am just a few days away from my 6 week post op check up. With all the pain I have gone through in my life with adenomyosis and then fibroids I wish I would have done my surgery 20 years ago. I am having complications from my surgery but I know there will be a positive out come. I don't regret doing my LAVH.
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM

I to am so ready to get my pain over with. But I also very scared about the surgery. I have had previous surgeries in the past but this one is hitting me very hard emotionally. It's not the fact of losing my uterus im so done with it and ready for it to go.. Just actually scared of having any major complications during surgery. I will be having a abdominal hyst in june... The only thing that keeps me going with my decision to have it is reading the stories on here from all the different women. I want to thank everyone of you for being able to share your stories it does help a lot.
Unread 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredneedhelp View Post
I to am so ready to get my pain over with. But I also very scared about the surgery. I have had previous surgeries in the past but this one is hitting me very hard emotionally. It's not the fact of losing my uterus im so done with it and ready for it to go.. Just actually scared of having any major complications during surgery. I will be having a abdominal hyst in june... The only thing that keeps me going with my decision to have it is reading the stories on here from all the different women. I want to thank everyone of you for being able to share your stories it does help a lot.
I think it's normal to have fears. I did as well. I was on my period when I had my hysterectomy. I was having fears a few days before surgery. I started my monthly and it was the worse one I'd had in years with pain. That erased all doubt for me. I have had complications. My ovaries have shut down which has caused severe issues with my PMDD. Also because I'm not producing estrogen my clitorus has shrank with no sensitivity. My Dr is on top of things. She has prescribed an estrogen gel and I've just done blood work to see if my ovaries have just temporarily shut down. If so the Dr will prescribe estrogen pills until my ovaries wake up. Once I get my estrogen straight I'll be good. I don't regret my hysterectomy. The monthly pain was unbearable. On top of that if I had not had the surgery the Dr would not have found tumor in my cervix that wasn't a fibroid and a rare growth in my ovarian tubes. It really helped me to get together lot of questions for the Dr at my pre-op appt. I think I had 2 pages of questions.
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM

My major fear honestly is dying on the table. I have never had any major issues with any other surgery and I trust my doctor very much but it is a fear I cannot get over. I lost my mother almost 5 years ago due to alot of the same problems I am having but she developed cancer and by the time they discovered it it was to late she passed 17 days after the discovery. She was only 46. And I am 29 going in to have this done. Part of me wishes that I could push it off for a few years but I can't take the pain anymore. I have almost contraction like pains and also a lot pressure like something is going to fall out.. I wish you luck with your journey and hope that things get better for you.
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:31 PM

The last out patient procedure I had they ended up intubating me, and no one could tell me why. It wasn't planned going into surgery. Scared me then and worries me now
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM

I had my hyster on Tuesday. My doctor said my uterus was large and boggy, definite adenomyosis. If you're still doubting that you have adeno and would like some sort of reassurance that this is the right decision for you, then ask for a transvaginal ultra sound. I had one and it showed that my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy, which led my doctor to the adenomyosis assumption. An ultrasound can also rule out fibroids and other such potential problems. I felt much better about my decision to have a hyster after I discovered that my uterus was enlarged. That made me think I had a real problem causing my symptoms.

My symptoms were bad cramps with my periods. 10 day periods that were heavy for 4 to 5 days. Cramping every day of the month except the 5 days after my period stopped. Cramps shot into my lower back. I had a dull, deep ache in my lower center pelvis. I had tons of bloating with referred gas pains into my shoulder and neck. And I had extreme tailbone pain that magically disappeared the moment I woke from my hysterectomy.
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:50 PM

I'm in excruciating pain today. have had problems standing and walking upright

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register