Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo Surgery 5/1: possible adeno and endo

Unread 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Re: Women that have adenomyosis HELP!

Did u have abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy with adenomyosis?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Re: Women that have adenomyosis HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang7925 View Post
Did u have abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy with adenomyosis?
Hi sweetie! I had a TDvH. My doc removed my uterus through my vagina.

Wow. This thread sure speaks to me. Here's my story... Going into surgery adenomyosis was never mentioned. I had most of the symptoms mentioned here - severe cramping, passing lots of blood clots, life long menstrual issues, heavy periods that lasted 7-10 days, and daily pain, pelvic pressure, awful bloating, and lower back ache as well as random leg issues, rectal pain during BMs, and irregular bowels during my periods. I was diagnosed with a tilted uterus in 2001 and stage I endo in 2009 during a routine tubal. Never, ever was it mentioned that the problem might be my uterus. Maybe it being tilted was to blame for some of the cramping. At this point I had given birth to three beautiful kiddos with great pregnancies. I was told at my PP/post-op check that once things were unbearable for me we'd go ahead with a hyster. Fast forward three years and my cycles and daily issues went from here and there to constant. Pain so awful at times that I wanted any narc med to just make it stop. This prompted me to make an appointment because my quality of life was drastically affected. Looking back I realize that for about 4 years I had lost interest in doing much at all - swimming, concerts with my hubby, etc - I was a total home body because of discomfort I wasn't even aware of at all times. I had reached the point when I didn't even really process any pain and when I did it was so severe that I couldn't do anything but cry.

During my annual, well... I had been naughty so it was three years, and talk to the doc appointment my GYN wasn't 100% with a hyster. She wanted to try medical treatments first before making the drastic choice. She did tell me that if a hyster was what I wanted then she'd do it but she wanted to rule out other easily treated conditions first so we scheduled an ultrasound.

During my ultrasound they found ovarian cysts, a severely retrograde tilted uterus, and that my endometrial lining was really thick but otherwise things looked normal. These things took my doc from preferring to do medical treatment directly to a hyster. There was nothing seen diagnostically that could tell her what was going on and she did not like what was going on with my cycles. Next one the list was a biopsy to rule out cancer. Boy oh boy the C word is scary. She wanted to do this so that if I did have endometrial or uterine cancer she could get the lymph nodes the first time in instead of me needing a second surgery. Well, the biopsy came back normal and boy I was miserable that night. Fast forward again... I figured my hyster was for endo, cysts, and yucky periods. I also worried that she'd get in there and find nothing of real significance and I would remain with no real answers and it wouldn't have been worth it.

When I woke up from surgery I noticed that the pelvic pressure and pain that I had been living with daily was gone. My back ache was gone. I was completely floored. I didn't realize until that moment just how much pain I had been in every day for who knows how long. Of course at this point I still didn't have any answers. All I knew is that she didn't find anything in there really unexpected, according to my husband, and that the surgery went well. Instead of the 2 hrs like she thought it took 3 hours. I'm still not sure what the extra hour was for.

At my 3 week post-op I learned that I had very minor endo. It has spread some from when I was diagnosed but it hadn't progressed beyond superficial stage I and was mostly on my uterus So... it turns out that the problem was my uterus - I had submucosal adenomyosis. She wasn't even going to do a path until she saw it. I even had a ton of extra veins going to my uterus to feed that bad boy. Hopefully all of this means that I should do very well in the future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register