Scheduled TAH "emergancy" TAH with only 12 days to prep, lots of ???s :-) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"emergancy" TAH with only 12 days to prep, lots of ???s :-) "emergancy" TAH with only 12 days to prep, lots of ???s :-)

Unread 04-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Re: "emergancy" TAH with only 12 days to prep, lots of ???s :-)

Love this I to need help I have a DH and 2DD and 2 dogs and a cat ... so unless the dogs can sweep i am by my self LOL not... want to get things done before hand.... so keep up the posting!!! PS when someone wants to bring dinner if you have picky eaters what can you say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelopejinx View Post
Love this I to need help I have a DH and 2DD and 2 dogs and a cat ... so unless the dogs can sweep i am by my self LOL not... want to get things done before hand.... so keep up the posting!!! PS when someone wants to bring dinner if you have picky eaters what can you say?

I don't know the ages of your kids, but something I like to bring to friends with little ones when the main cook in the family has had surgery is a bag full of quick drinks and snacks: caprisun, mini raisin packs, chewy snacks, granola bars, etc. Hopefully people will ask what you like or have already had, which would give you the option to suggest some foods. Otherwise stock up on some foods the kids like in case it is something they won't eat.
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:26 AM

When you to the grocery store get done meal replacement shakes... the first couple of days post op I had little to no appetite.. so ensure, slimfast it something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 06:19 AM

Yes I did those shakes too. I didn't eat a lot for first 3 weeks. No appetite.
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:17 AM

I am still pre-surgery, but I am heading to the store for larger underwear and odds and ends. I have never done Slimfast but chocolate something sounds good on the other side of the castle.

"sudden cat visits"

Pets are a factor I had to consider, want to be in a room where I can shut the door if I am having a bad day.

The to do list got real short yesterday. And by the end of the day, swelling and pain is worse with my ovarian cyst, so no coffee since Monday and last night was the last soda until ginger ale with the bowel prep tomorrow.

I look forward to popsiscles and beef broth for Friday night!

You can do this, I had weeks, never thought I would belong to this club, but many women here share common sense advice and remind you not to be shy and go to your doctor with any problems, questions or issues.

Don't be shy. :0
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Let people bring food even if you have picky eaters. Your husband and daughters will either eat it, cook themselves, or starve.That is not your concern. You need to rest for weeks and won't be cooking, so graciously accept any and all meals friends offer you.
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:17 AM

Yes about those meals...accept graciously. They will eat it...lol. It is going to be hard not to do things but u must listen to the Dr and relax! I used the atkins chocolate shakes. They had lots of protein. Definately get a stool softener (not a laxative) I never thought constipation could cause so much misery. Oh yeah and the yoga pants and underwear should be at least one or two sizes bigger. The satin jammies I got at jcpenney and they have drWstrings too so I can still wear them even though my tummy is normal now.
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM

When they sa rest, they mean it. Your "job" is to not stress your insides with movements (like loading the dishwasher), but to let your wounds, inside and out, heal.

And stool softeners--Dulcolax, Colase--rank right up there as the most important thing. Take it with you to hospital, or ask the doctor to prescribe it to you so the hospital will give it to you (but have some for home.) Take it "regularly"-- Take Gas-X with you too.

After surgery, pooping, passing gas, and coughing remain your most formidable tasks!
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Blessed View Post
I don't know the ages of your kids, but something I like to bring to friends with little ones when the main cook in the family has had surgery is a bag full of quick drinks and snacks: caprisun, mini raisin packs, chewy snacks, granola bars, etc. Hopefully people will ask what you like or have already had, which would give you the option to suggest some foods. Otherwise stock up on some foods the kids like in case it is something they won't eat.
It is not the kids LOL it is my Husband!!! not much of a veggie eater..Bad Man
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
It is not the kids LOL it is my Husband!!! not much of a veggie eater..Bad Man
Your hubby is going to starve, learn to cook, or get real handy with take out food!! You can buy microwave meals for you and manage to zap them yourself if necessary, but your not to concern yourself with hubby's food needs. He should be concerning himself with yours. After a few days of fast food for him those meals your friends send over won't be looking too bad to him!!lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register