Scheduled LAVH Preop appointment tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preop appointment tomorrow! Preop appointment tomorrow!

Unread 04-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Preop appointment tomorrow!

I can't believe how quickly this date has snuck up on me! I have my list of questions for the doc ready to go. Over the past month I must have gone back and forth on this decision a hundred times and I just hope when all is said and done I'm glad I did it. 11 more days and I'll be off to the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Re: Preop appointment tomorrow!

Hi TaraL707
I completely understand..I have per-op on April 30th and my date for surgery is also May 7th 2012. I am having a TAH..I am scared and hoping I have made the right choice as well..But I feel in my heart I need to do this,the pain and problems that I have had over the years have taken many hours out of my life..I look forward to the freedom to just be me again..I am glad to have found hystersisters (just hope I can figure out how to post my questions soon...lol)..
To be honest I feel blessed to have found someone who is feeling the same way I have been..
As I am on my way to the castle I will think of you and know that I am not alone..and I hope you feel the same..
We will get thru this...I wish you peace and happiness in your choice!
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:32 AM

Hi Tara! Hi Tina!
I just had my consult yesterday afternoon. And though I was nervous and it took years to reach this decision, that feeling that relief is on its way is getting stronger. But am I crazy to have ambivalence about the decision?

My mother, and ALL of my aunts have had hysterectomies and I was really hoping that I could ride it out. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship or something!! That little voice telling me to "hang in there" or "you only have a few more years"... really? How does that voice know?? Because I can't ask any of the women in my family!

My list of issues has been a lengthy one. I've had horrible cramps since age 12. And 34 years and three surgeries later, I'm finally screaming "uncle." The adenomyosis was confirmed when I had my myomectomy. At that point, I was popping Advil like tic tacs! Throughout the month, I had a 1 week window without pain. I was warned that the fibroids could return, and they did... bringing their friend, "heavy bleeding," with them.

Then opted for the uterine ablation. That was when the endometriosis in my colon was discovered. And a year after surgery, I can say that I am in the unlucky percent for whom the surgery did very little.

Now, I'm at a point where I have 3 days a month without pain. Still heavy bleeding (where can it all be coming from???) and one fibroid the size of a tennis ball (the other two are golf ball size). Last month, either my retroverted uterus, or one of the fibroids managed to block my urine flow!! That was the last straw and when that "hang in there" voice diminished to a whisper.

Like you, Tina, I started thinking of the days in a year that I miss because of the pain and the problems and am also looking forward to getting those!

My surgery is scheduled for the May 17th, pre-op next week. I've been lurking on the forums here for a couple of weeks and when I saw your posts I felt compelled to speak up. I feel great comfort knowing that I'm not alone with these feelings. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2012, 05:03 AM

Tara707 & TinaMay...my surgery for TAH is also May 7th..my pre-op is April 30th.

I deal with the same concern.."Have I made the right decision?"..well this wasnt totally up to me but my Dr as well. I wont lie, Im very scared, but I also know that I will over come this obstacle and move forard.

Im very glad I came upon Hystersisters, Ive gotten alot of things off of my mind.

Just know, that we will all over come this. Ill be sending warm wishes and praying for you both before I go in for surgery
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Good morning Ladies, 2 weeks ago i was just like you . scared out of my whits. my pre-op visit went great was quick and easy. I even had a pre-op visit at the castle kinda felt like when i had the visit when my kids were born. it was nice to see where i was going.

I had my surgery one week ago today I never thought that a week out i would feel as good as i do. Please remember when you get home to take it easy, get lots of rest, and take those meds when you need them.

If it was not for Hystersisters i don't think i would have made it through this . I am so glad i found it
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM

I was looking forward to the hospital stay (minus the surgery) because its been nothing but chaos around my home since I found out. But now, I know Im going to miss the chaos..LOL

As for rest..YEAH RIGHT!!! Ill be getting what I can when I can. I hope that I feel good a week after!
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Hi ladies,
My pre-op is 2morrow afternoon and my big day is May 4th. I am now getting a little nervous and have started to cry out of the blue. I am getting stressed about work and bills. UUGGGHH!! I mentioned postponing it to my hubby, who would not hear of it. My health comes before the job and bills. still worried though.

I wish everyone blessings and healthy recoveries.
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Thanks so much for your response ladies! I really appreciate the support here, it makes me feel so much better

Had the appt today and the doctor made me feel alot better. He's so confidant about what he's doing and explained everything to me. It kind of surprised me how sure he was that I would be up and about in just a few days. He gave me no restrictions on driving and basically just said when it came to lifting to just take it easy.

I thought those of you having a robotic hysterectomy might really enjoy this video. This is my doctor! He explains the robotic system (Davinci). He's quite handsome as well

Just enter below into your browser:

bulletpoint.tv/channel/medicine/
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM

I too am having second thoughts and going back and forth on whether or not i am doing the right thing. My date is May 22 and we suspect I have adenomyosis.
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraL707 View Post
I thought those of you having a robotic hysterectomy might really enjoy this video. This is my doctor! He explains the robotic system (Davinci). He's quite handsome as well

Just enter below into your browser:

bulletpoint.tv/channel/medicine/
thank you for posting this. I wish i would have seen it before i had mine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register